Cricket Part II

Sadly I agree, they won’t use him anymore for tests.

Maxwell should be near enough to a lock whenever we tour the sub-continent, and especially now given we have no Warner or Smith. That batting line-up is the worst in living memory for me. I know we were ■■■■ in the mid-80s but at least we had Border. Who’s the best bat in that lot? Khawaja probably has the best record, but he’s a lion at home and a lamb away. I don’t trust the Marsh brothers any further than I could throw them. Renshaw has promise. Big opportunity for Aaron Finch. He’s been on fire for Surrey in the T20s but only played 2 County Championship games, so is that really cause for a Test call-up? It makes Maxwell’s omission look more puzzling…

We’re pretty clearly tanking for picks.

Finch is a hard worker and is respected, Maxwell is a pratt who isn’t as hard a worker.

I agree it is wrong but I suspect that is why. I think it weakens us.

That said I like Finch and hope it works.

Herald-Sun reporting Finch will open. I know he opens in the white ball stuff but he’s definitely not a Test opener IMO. Would be better off coming in at 5 or 6.

I expect that this is happening because they see him as similar to Warner. A hard hitter who can take the innings away in a good session.

Man I miss the days of Hayden and Langer.

Warner and Rogers were a pretty decent combination.

They’re playing Pakistan in the UAE. Rare to see bats win games there, let alone through quick scoring. The unpredictable bounce invariably leads to slow, hard graft against spin from both ends.

Oh well. Saves the Vics the awkward conversation when they have to drop him again.

Confidence is huge for spinners. If the bats believe that ball might do something unexpected, they’ll treat it totally differently than if they think they’ve got you covered.

So our batting order is going to be bookended by 2 players who can barely make the 1st XI in their state teams? Who will also likely be Capt and VC.

India look like they could chase this down

Or maybe not…Rahul 149 and Pant 114 and bugger all else. Poms win by 118 runs

Just needed one more decent contribution like that. If only they had a pair of Pants.

I have to say it’s most surprising 4-1 series win I’ve seen given how many issues this England side has to address.

2 tons, 2 blokes in double figures, 2 in single figures and 5 x quackers.

Not having watched, what was the pitch like?

Apart from lords each match was really close and each team had moments on top,best series I have seen for a while.

Best Indian bowling attack I have seen for a while, the batting isn’t that great though

I reckon they will give Australia a really good contest this summer

From an article:
Langer claimed selectors were not comfortable picking Maxwell due to his perceived dearth of first-class centuries (seven)

Meanwhile they picked Aaron Finch and Travis Head who both have 7 first class centuries.

The lies about why they don’t pick Maxwell continue.

Deserves a like. Made me smile.

Mitch Marsh has 8.
Agar 2.
Labuschagne 4.

It’s a Maxwell Smart routine. We have you surrounded by 900 highly trained special forces…would you believe 20 policemen with rottweilers… 3 girl guides and a miniature poodle…

EDIT: oh and obviously the captain has only 1 first class century. In 101 FC games. The Australian Test captain. But yeah a guy who we might bring in for #5 doesn’t have the record