Cricket Part II

No, that’s Maxwell.

I believe he is looking for a way in on ancestry.com as we speak.

2 Likes

The selections lately really are baffling. Reading that article you posted (and on the evidence so far) seems to indicate it’s going to get even worse under Langer

1 Like

I reckon an Australian A-side would give this one a run for its money.

2 Likes

Cheers for the article. I’m glad Burns omission has been pointed out, he should never have been dropped from the team in the first place and I don’t know who he’s upset in power but it’s ridiculous he’s not playing.

I don’t know what this thing is within the Australian cricket team of playing favourites and not picking the best available, it’s been happening forever. I might be wrong but it doesn’t seem to be a thing for other test nations, or as much as it is for us, it’s deeply embedded with us.

3 Likes

Good ball by Siddle to pick up the wicket

1 Like

Two wickets! Back in it.

Richie would be enjoying the scorecard in heaven.

2 for 222.

4 Likes

interesting read.

On the topic of Renshaw & Bancroft being too stodgy to resume at the of the top order together I argue a) If half the innuendo around Warner’s blow-up wwith his teammates over the sandpaper are true, there may be plenty of space for both & b) Given our struggles against the swinging ball in England, x2 sets of watchful eyes may be more than beneficial.

3 Likes

It’s no guarantee for success, but Renshaw’s County season at Somerset was very good, averaged in excess of 50, so he can score runs in England. He is a must for me over there at least in the squad. England is the one place where traditional cricket still applies. Old-school opening batsmen who occupy the crease and take the shine off the ball are as important as your shot makers.

3 Likes

Renshaw wasn’t picked because he still had concussion is what they are saying.

P-Siddy gets an early breakthrough, dismissing Abbas by hitting the top of off. Pakistan 4/264

I legit thought Siddle was retired.

2 Likes

So a huge crowd turnout, reckon there’s about 3 in the entire stadium? Surely could have put it somewhere where people would want to see it…

1 Like

Back to Siddle? I know he’s a honest toiler but we really have no one else to cover Hazelwood? No other young exciting bowler? Holland looks less effective than Bryce McGain…

Problem is players won’t got to the crowds as it would mean going to Pakistan. Doesn’t help that they started the match on a Sunday - which is the first day of the working week in Dubai.

He looks the pick of the quicks too… jeez we’re fcked.

What happened to Pattinson and Cummins? Still dead?

And that it hovers between 38-42 degrees this time of year. Admission prices our out of the realms of affordability for most of the Pakistanis that work in the UAE also

bit strange that Mitch Marsh has only bowled 6 overs, while Starc has bowled 30. You would think you would be using Marsh more to give Starc a rest

1 Like

I thought that yesterday. Could’ve given Head a few overs as well.

I swear we say that every test. “Why don’t they bowl Marsh more?”…allrounder that never bowls.

Definitely under used the part timers. Lyons about to hit 50 overs and god only knows how many more he’s going to have to bowl this series