Cricket Part II

hehehe

1 Like

Then he does bowl and everyone goes “ohhhhh that’s right”

3 Likes

Pattinson hit a ton for Vic 2nds today.

1 Like

If he is being picked as a batsman then we are truly ■■■■■■, like WI levels of ■■■■■■

That ship has sailed though surely. This is the worst Australia team I’ve seen. Looking forward to watching us make this pitch look like a ■■■■■■■ minefield when we bat.

2 Likes

Think they have put Mitch Marsh in cotton wool with his bowling to a large extent given his batting importance. The sad facts are that you can easily argue Mitch Marsh is one of our best 2 bats outside Australia in the current team. Even sadder is his brother is probably the best.

2 Likes

Oh, stop it! :joy::joy:

pretty close to it imo

2 Likes

An abrasive pitch - so the absence of Bancroft and Warner not a factor!

2 Likes

We still have two very good bowlers in Starc and Lyon. Conditions clearly against Starc and the Pakistani batsmen doing enough to keep him out. So there is something to work with once we get home.

Marnus strikes before tea. A well pitched leg break that bounces and gets a faint edge, well caught by Paine. Pakistan 5-417 at Tea.

1 Like

The Australian bowlers will cause havoc back in home conditions. Pitches like this one, bowling first you just have to hope that Alton produces a few worldie’s.

Australia have probably the best bowling attack in the world, but they need to keep Starc fit. Pitches like this one give him nothing so you don’t want to be burning him out before the summer even really begins

Maxwell with his spinners could of been a decent option on this pitch, just for something different and he adds to the batting

2 Likes

Can’t keep Marnus out of the action. Sharp piece of fielding at mid-wicket sees him run out Baba at the keeper’s end. The throw right over the bails. Not sure how he will go with the bat but he certainly is doing his bit in the field!

1 Like

Finch drops one at slip off that man Marnus. Looks like Paine’s gloves may have obscured his sighting of the ball as he reacted very late. Another top delivery from the part-time leg spinner.

6-441. New ball finally taken.

7-456. Lyon gets his 2nd, smartly caught by Paine as Sohail tried to cut one too close to his body. Out for 110.

Is he still subsisting on bananas? :grin:

Nice start by Finch.
I don’t think it was a good start to Paine captaincy. I don’t think he was nearly imaginative enough with bowling combinations. Delaying new ball, not giving it to Siddle.
You never know what is decided by the captain and what by the coaches though.

In context that was an excellent performance from siddle

2 Likes

Sorry, I should have clarified, I am thinking more about the batting than the bowling.

1 Like

Oh the batting is a disgrace. Incredible it can get that bad. Once upon a time players needed in excess of 6000 FC runs to even get a look in. Now as long as you hit a four through the covers you can get at number 4.

1 Like