Cricket Part II

So far so good. Australia 0/97.

Finch 47*
Khawaja 46*

These two must kick on and not throw away this start.

50 up for Finch

Finch going well in test cricket.

Never in doubt!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I still say if you canā€™t make runs on this, you shouldnā€™t be playing test cricket.

Though I did see a bit more spin, which was well negated. Been a good effort by the Aussies.

I encourage you to go and speak to Starc about whether there was a coverup. Doubt you would last long, same for the other bowlers. They have all very strongly stated they had nothing to do with it, didnā€™t know about it and have said if anyone makes that claim publicly they will sue their arses off.

3 Likes

215 runs in 8 innings, with 1 x 50. And the one score was in first dig of the dead rubber last game. When the heat was on, to save the game, he hit a very helpful 7.

So pretty much Bradman.

Some of these pitches are absolutely dead for about 3.5 days, then completely unplayable after that. I remember one in the last Pak aus series where their first innings took 2 full days, but the game was done before day 5.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can see this being a minefield on Day 5.

1 Like

We canā€™t waste this start. If we lose both set batsmen in quick succession then we are back behind the 8-ball. Ideally weā€™d like a 1st innings lead, but more important than that is taking time out of the game. If we get to stumps no more than 3 down then our chances of saving the game are pretty good. I donā€™t think a win is a realistic goal, but being competitive and hard to defeat is definitely attainableā€¦

2 Likes

I told you all Finch was a dud

spent so much time in the shiel threads hadnā€™t even checked the score until now. wow, huge start for australia. Usman 72 runs so far on a spinners deck, that is some effort

considering you guys had to bowl first on that pitch, a draw should be seen as a win. Would be a massive effort

1 Like

It reveals how much a of a road it is that both Finch and Khawaja didnā€™t often seem overly troubled. Thatā€™s not me putting them down they both batted well and have deserved that start especially against good spin side.

2 wickets is quick succession. S.Marsh going for an expansive drive through cover with the spin out of some footmarks, out for 7. 2/161. M.Marsh now at the crease. Khawaja 81*.

And another gone. May be a different team, but same collapses.

1 Like

Mitch Marsh dropped by Yasir Shah off his own bowling. Firmly struck back at him and got him in the chest region. A batting collapse looks inevitable nowā€¦

Will be lucky if they make 200.

Head out without scoring in similar fashion to Marsh trying to drive out of the footmarks.

4/171 after being 0/142. Marnus comes to the creaseā€¦

Aaaaaand that was an even shorter stay. Labuschagne out 2nd ball, caught at bat-pad.

Wow. No one ever saw this coming.

4 Likes