Cricket Part II

Farking who is paying who to continually get this muppet a game!

1 Like

It’s gonna be a loooooooooong summer, cricket-fans.

might just give it too much air but at least he is getting it up and the pakis targeted him early. the chances going down never helps ones self confidence

One particular newspaper is very fond of the Marsh boys. When they’re out of the team its lobbying is constant, when they’re in the team and firing its coverage is fulsome, when they’re in the team and failing its coverage is “Hey, look, that dog has a fluffy tail.”

1 Like

That’s a lot of fluffy-tailed dog stories then.

4 Likes

I don’t think he is the answer, needs to find a middle ground between trying to get a wicket every ball and drying up runs to build pressure.

his was the lowest run rate of all the bowlers except head bowled one over. 2.87 per ov is not getting pasted all over the ground. marnus went for double the run rate so was he trying to buy a wicket. so is it ok to go for twice the run rate for one wkt. but then again marnus is to blame for no wkts

only calling marnus by his first name because i can’t spell his surname. could look it up but bugger that

1 Like

Holland bowls pies. Marnus l fear will be the next Mitch Marsh. A number 6 batsmen who cant make runs but will be perservered with for too long because he has picked up some handy wickets this series. His three dismissals this series have been as embarrassing as the Marsh brothers.

1 Like

One is a part time bowler, one is 1 of 4 main bowlers.
He bleeds to many easy runs, without being overly threatening… The Captain of Australia seems to agree!

If the Marsh brothers remain in the team for the First Test of the Australian summer, it shows that it’s more about who you’re mates with (or your family lineage) than actually performing. The fact that Maxwell has been prevented from playing the opening Shield game of the season to be in the UAE for the upcoming T20 series shows yet again the absolute farce of his situation. How is he supposed to get any meaningful red ball cricket in if:

1. he’s told by CA to not playing an English County season and rest for the Aus A tour of the sub-continent?
  2. is then not selected for said A tour because "we don’t need to see how Maxwell plays in the sub-continent?
  3. is not selected as part of a heavily depleted touring squad thanks to Smith, Warner and Bancroft being suspended because he “doesn’t make enough hundreds”?

He barely plays that format because he’s either told not to by CA and that he should “rest”, or he’s playing for Australia in short format cricket. End of the day, a 1-0 series loss superficially doesn’t look too bad, but we can see so many issues with the setup at CA. Langer might be a good coach but he is blinded by his Western Australian bias. You watch Bancroft come straight back into the team once he is eligible for selection again. Renshaw or Burns should’ve been picked. This was their time to step up and show what they’ve got, especially Renshaw. I feel like moving Khawaja to open was almost a “keep the seat warm” move for Bancroft, and once he’s able to be picked again he comes straight back in and Uzzie drops back to 3…

3 Likes

Australia will crush Sri Lanka this summer, it’s the Indian series which will be a real battle.

Bird with 10fa

India will flog us

Vics and Tassie have big wins

SA in bother against NSW at 2/19 needing 234 more. Weatherald and Ferguson out.

Bird 10/77 for the game at the Gabba.
Tremain 5 and Boland 4 for the Vics in Perth. Philippe maiden ton.

so more wear and tear from MCG pitches.

https://www.mcc.org.au/whats-on/latest-news/2018/october/mcg-pitches-in-for-cricket-season

On the back of another successful AFL season, and following last weekend’s WWE Super Show-Down, preparations at the MCG have turned to the upcoming cricket season, with the portable pitches installed in the stadium this week.

The final set of cricket pitches arrived at the MCG last night. The first match, a four-day Sheffield Shield contest between Victoria and New South Wales, starts on October 25.

Melbourne Cricket Club CEO Stuart Fox said that the club had conducted a thorough review of recent MCG pitch performances, including last summer’s Boxing Day Test pitch.

“The pitches that we produced for long-form cricket last summer were lower and slower than we would like, and didn’t deteriorate sufficiently over the course of matches,” said Mr Fox.

“However, we remain of the strong belief that portable pitches can produce quality cricket and we are determined to do that this summer and beyond.”

Matthew Page joined the MCG team early this year as head curator, after five years at the WACA Ground in Perth.

“Since Matthew’s arrival, he has worked with Cricket Australia and other curators around the country to ensure our practices and techniques are enabling us to get the most out of our pitches here in Melbourne,” said Mr Fox.

A number of changes have been made since the end of last cricket season:

• A reduction from 10 to seven pitches on the square to allow for more wear and tear.

• Bringing forward the timing of an aggressive renovation of the pitches, designed to improve the clay profile of each pitch, from the start of this cricket season to the end of last season.

• Placement of a layer of sand on the concrete slab in the centre of the MCG to soften the connection between the pitches and the concrete base.

• Using the pitches either side of the Test strip for Sheffield Shield matches earlier in the season than previously.

• Installing two portable pitches in the outdoor practice wicket area to allow pitch experimentation to occur.

• Planning for an overhaul of the portable pitch nursery in Yarra Park, where the pitches live during the winter months.

• Introducing a layer of sand into each pitch tray before the pitches were placed into the nursery last winter.

Speaking ahead of his first season in charge of the MCG pitches, Matthew Page said he was excited about the opportunity.

“I am really looking forward to my first summer of cricket at the MCG,” said Page.

“I have already learnt a lot about Melbourne conditions in my short time here, but I have also been able to bring new ideas that, in time, will see us better deliver an even contest between bat and ball that players love.

Khawaja meniscus tear, will need surgery. Could miss the Australian summer. So that’s a batting line-up minus Smith, Warner, Bancroft and Khawaja. Yikes! If Maxwell still can’t get a game he may as well quit International cricket and just be a freelance T20 player…

1 Like

If Maxwell still cannot get a game there should be a friggin’ royal friggin’ commission!!

Oh and Fark Carlton, I blame them as well.

4 Likes

Reboot Marsh here and available

3 Likes

Won’t matter. He’s Victorian. (I’m ignoring the fact that Finch is Victorian).

2 Likes