Cricket Part II

Yep, most talented players do have some kent in them

Heā€™s a player that would NEVER get picked for a test if he was Aussie

Iā€™m pretty sure it was Mark Waugh during the first test say something about how our batters should never have gotten out to a bowler of his paceā€¦he clearly hasnā€™t seen this guy bowl before, or Philander or Broad/Anderson killing us in the Uk. And this guy was a selector until recently.

We have ruined the careers of players like Sayers, Copeland, Bird with this ridiculous obsession with pace. Look at all the bowlers who cleaned up this round in the shield and the bowlers we brought to the UAE. ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  me to tears

1 Like

Thanks Christ we didnā€™t have this pace obsession when McGrath came along

1 Like

We could put an XI together
Warner
Renshaw
Smith Ā©
Head
Maxwell
Labuschagne
Paine
Starc
Lyon
Siddle/Sayers/whoeverā€™s fit
Ahmed/Holland

Theyā€™re all available - if the board get over themselves. Instead weā€™ll get to watch a shield side who almost beat Victoria a few years agoā€¦ yay.

Great cricket sides IMO have all sorts of characters.

CA have clearly made a point to pick nice young men this time around.
I donā€™t reckon theyā€™d pick Shane Warne at the moment.

1 Like

Quality form

That side needs more Bob Simpson.

Im sure these guys dont need the reminder, but now is the time. They have to go, we need to throw in some young talent.

Heā€™s 82. Probably only bat at 6??

2 Likes

Some good young bats in Philippe from WA, who had a strong JLT Cup and scored a maiden Shield ton today against Victoria in a losing cause, and obviously Pucovski getting a 200 in the same game for the Vics. You would throw them to the wolves right now, but hopefully they can string some good scores together and show they have the temperament and talent for Test cricket.

Read an interesting article on the weekend. Prior to this Shiel* game Phillpe hadnā€™t faced more than 120 halls in an innnings at 1st grade, JLT Cup or WA second XI.

Some of you are late to the party M.Marsh - I posted around two years ago that M.Marsh hadnā€™t at that time proved he was a first class level player, let alone test standard - Reckong heā€™s getting closer to first class standard.

Also Matt Short averages over 50 in First Class cricket from 9 matches but probably needs a few more centuries.

Oh well done yaco. You were the only one to notice 2 years ago that M Marsh was rubbish.

7 Likes

I think there needs to be some sort of CA review of how they do things and how the selection panel works. They have performed even worse than our so called batsmen.

Just let Ricky Ponting pick the team

2 Likes

Just donā€™t let him choose whether to bat or bowl first, Warnie might have an issue with it

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always thought Warne would have made an excellent opening bowler

Justin Langer: ā€œYouā€™ve gotta be a good bloke and youā€™ve gotta score runsā€

In that order and with an emphasis on the former.

The last 2 blokes (prior to this weekend) to score double hundreds in Shield (P Nevill and G Maxwell) have been banished.

1 Like