Cricket Part II

Wow…that’s a who’s who of jobbers.

I feel for Dyson and Wood.
I wonder what their averages were like against Not West Indies.

Wood averaged 33.65 against the Windies which was above his career average.
Dyson averaged 27 against the Windies which was also above his career average

2 Likes

Jesus H!!! Mitch Marsh has played 50 test innings. Just think about that for a minute…

1 Like

Brothers?

4 Likes

All 3 of them, jesus

Jesus…that is scary

Oh crap…I just saw this on TV. I didn’t think that was a real quote.

1 Like

I thought that was the same guy posted twice.

1 Like

Khawaja’s bad week has got worse… his brother just became a “person of interest” re: a terrorism case.

I have no real interest in 20/20 or ODIs. Also, International Test cricket seems to be 2 different sports both called cricket. The sub-cont teams look incompetent when they tour here and we are pathetic over there. India might beat us this time but that is only because the ACB couldn’t miss the opportunity to virtue signal their arrses off and pretend they weren’t part of the dysfunctional culture which they helped to breed given the connection between winning and more revenue.

where did you see or hear this?

Lead piece tonight on Ten News… apparently an existing case involving the discovery of a notebook full of naughty stuff collapsed when it was revealed the existing suspect probably had nothing to do with it (perhaps it was planted to incriminate him). The brother is a colleague of the previous suspect.

As I said, “person of interest” only.

But even if it goes nowhere, cherry on top of a ■■■■ week for Usman.

(Hmm, no one else seems to be reporting it.)

In my view there are 2 main problems with Australian cricket at present.

1/ Cricket Australia have gone down the AFL path of money, money, money with the scheduling. They have put shield and domestic 50 overs way behind 20/20, thus development and opportunity for players to return to form during a test series is not happening.

2/ Selectors have been told who to select / or their decisions on who to play have been very poor for a long time.

Although I have no interest in big bash series I see that it is useful in getting cricket $'s and publicity but the way it is currently excluding shield cricket is detrimental to our test and 50 over teams.

Maybe in the not to distant future my declining interest in cricket will cease to exist at all.

Mitch Marsh isn’t an alrounder because he bowls less than Symonds used to, maybe 2-3 overs an innings. And his batting is utter CACA.

1 Like

One thing I’d say about Paul Sheahan is that, if you watched him make a good score, which I did quite a few times when he was playing for Victoria, you walked away having seen a thing of artistic beauty.

Made Mark Waugh’s batting style look like Steve Waugh’s.

But that doesn’t win you matches.

2 Likes

Those bad batting averages made me look up Greg Matthews.
41 and 48.
This is a bloke that was never considered quite good enough.

Martin love, Stuart law, Jamie Cox, Jamie Siddons, Michael bevan, matthew Elliot, brad hodge, Darren Lehman etc.

Nows your chance.

Unless Brad Hodge made a double century in his last match, he’s no chance to get selected.