Cricket Part II

Mahatma Connors?

2 Likes

He could score a triple but still spout off at the selectors.
Hello McFly hello

I love the way you make it seem like heā€™s the idiot.

You canā€™t say optics didnā€™t play a large part in his career trajectory.

Selectors who took us from the number one Test team in the world to number five, by playing favourites for lesser players, is what had a large part in his career trajectory.

Luckily Maxwell has only had nice things to say and everythingā€™s working out swell for him.

From the outside looking in he just didnā€™t seem to shut up or get it. Unless he did get it and realised where he sat and acted pssed off as a result.

Six Tests, 11 innings, spread over four years, with two fifties and a double ton.
I donā€™t care if he threatened to burn the clubhouse down.
His last Test he scored 67 and 27.

And heā€™s the idiot.
Ha. Those selectors sure showed him.

Edit: In their last six (12) innings the Marsh bros have scored 71, total.

1 Like

Or, to put it another way, the Marsh bros have scored 71 runs from their last 12 innings.
Hodge made 503 from his eleven, before being dropped, never to return.

Australian cricket was going ok but definitely on the slide. Even if youā€™re shat off with the establishment, shut up and make the runs even if thereā€™s only the tiniest chance itā€™ll cement your spot.
Youā€™ve got the rest of your life to sledge the establishment.

1 Like

Nope.
Make the runs.
The establishment can shut up and pick the best team.

Again, Hodge is not the idiot here.
The selectors are the idiots.

Itā€™s funny how ingrained ā€˜authorities must know bestā€™ is.

1 Like

I know Iā€™m being somewhat of a pill.
I apologise.

But I just discovered the most amazing thing.
How many fifties do you reckon Greg Matthews hit in his last seven Test Innings?

Six ?

1 Like

Iā€™m not necessarily disagreeing with you totally. Selectors are fkwits. Iā€™m just saying if thatā€™s the case donā€™t make it harder on yourself because itā€™ll justify their decision to overlook you.
Stumpy fat looking little bugger anyway. Wouldnā€™t get the chicks in.

Greg Matthews was painfully consistent when he got the chance.
Itā€™s just that everyone thought he was a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

1 Like

Wasnā€™t just the selectors though. Several high profile Aussie guns refused to have Hodge in their side. Some of the players still arenā€™t too complimenting of him

Thatā€™s what I heard also. And he just comes across as that spoiled kid in the regional underage teams that got it his way cause dad was the coach or at least in cahoots with him.
Awesome talent but. Like an ugly white less talented version of Tendulkar

No.
Itā€™s the absolute opposite.
Thereā€™s plenty of in-crowd, ā€œmy dad was a selectorā€, types who keep getting kissed on the ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Itā€™s them and their ongoing, ahem, opportunities that sent blokes like Hodge mental, and will end up killing Maxwellā€™s career and probably Renshaw too.
Hodge literally had to break records in Shield to get a look in. That gave him the chip on his shoulder.

Iā€™m saying he comes across that way and it killed his career.
The impression.
Iā€™m agreeing with you. Iā€™m agreeing with everyone.
Cmon cmon.

Yeah, because the narrative is run by people from the in crowd

Renshaw will get picked, I am sure of it.

Of course if he doesnā€™t I predict all hell will break loose in the media, even they are starting to get rather edgy about the selection policies currently being displayed.