Cricket Part II

Patto’s back ■■■■■!

1 Like

yep - tests on Jan 24 Brisbane and Feb 1 Canberra

but with ODIs against India on 12, 15 18 Jan before them.

I don’t know why i’m confident but I still expect to beat India

Labuschagne scored 81 in 4 innings with a top score of 43 and an averahe of 20. He’s scored no runs in his 3 shield innings back but he’s a lock for the first test according to some here because he got a few wickets in the UAE. Should not be even close to getting a game in Australia.

1 Like

lawl

Mitch Marsh just tonned up in Brisbane. Y’all know he’s gonna play in Adelaide…

2 Likes

31st time’s a charm.

1 Like

He’s slightly better than that at home.

There is a middle ground between the full Mitch Marsh and giving guys 2 games to cement themselves in absolute thrashings.

He was 2nd top scorer and had 2nd most wickets in the last Test match we played. And actually dug in and held up an end in that 2nd dig, when the “leaders” couldn’t wait to get out.
IMHO he did enough.

overall, yeah, he’s far from cemented. But deserves the chance. IMO.

Fixed.

He’s not test standard.

He’s not shown it, yet.
He has shown some character. That’s worth something

The obvious solution is to pick all the Test standard™ bats we do have. But that still leaves us with 6 batting spots to fill, and a keeper.

Not aided by giving your two best batsmen the most ridiculous suspension imaginable.

That may be so but goddam that’s one sexy name

1 Like

Michael Clarke, Andrew Symonds and as maligned as he was Shane Watson were all more than handy with the ball and could actually bat. None of them were liabilities in the field like Marsh is either

2 Likes

Watson’s probably the one I was scratching for. When mark waugh bowled his mediums probably shaded him . Symonds was handy.

Averages 20 at test level. 33 at Shield level. He shouldn’t have played to begin with. As many others have been told, go back and scored a lot of runs in the Shield and earn a place. He was gifted a test to begin with.

1 Like

■■■■■■■ PATTO ■■■■■!!!

“Most of the better players” coming out of WA?
What the actual?

They didn’t have anyone in either the top 10 run scorers in shield last year, or top 10 wicket takers.
So far this year they’ve got no-one in the top 10 runs and 1 bloke in the top 10 wickets, albeit after only 2-3 games.

Shaun… let’s call him Jones… was Test class, for about 4 minutes before his body broke down. IMHO he’s the only genuine Test player they’ve produced in a decade or so, since M Huss.

Cartwright, Agar, M…Jones…, Bancroft, Darcy Short, Richardson, Coulter Nile. They’ve had a crack at a few.