Cricket Part II

Tassie getting back on top now.
Henriques in.
For such a young and inexperienced captain goes well.

Moises? wot

He’s neither young nor inexperienced. And he’s a plodder of the highest order!

1 Like

Lay off the crack, man.

he’s been playing shield since 2006.

In a world where Mitch… Jones… is a Test player, Moises Henriques is Bradman esque.

Nah. Marsh has some ability. Moises is a ■■■■■■■ turnip.

Henriques and m marsh have pretty similar fc averages

Says a fair bit about them

sangha and edwards both in the runs and come from nsw. do like the look of edwards though. but in a few years away from the highest level so there are young ones in the future wings. qld and nsw have some good young talent. s.a have a good young un in ferguson

The ferguson who’s 33? Have you been smoking crack with sameolds?

1 Like

tongue in cheek

This thread makes me question everything.

I agree on Edwards. One to watch.

its like a cat chasing its tail. there are some talented young ones out there but i fear i won’t see them thrive

Can see it happening.
We pick him before he’s ready, he makes a few rookie mistakes, we crucify him for it and he never plays Tests again.

its seems to be the way unfortunately.it would seem that they nurture.spoil them for 6 years and are in a rush to get their dividends.

England do it as well. We throw some guys in the deep end before they are truly ready- they struggle and then they are never seen from again. Or a guy like Compton who was a real grafter- had been around the county scene for ages, made tons of runs. Made a really good score of about 80 (200ish balls) against a really strong South Africa side. From memory we either won or drew.

After the game Bayliss criticized him for going to slow, next game he goes out cheaply trying to score too quickly(which is not his game at all). Gets dropped and i think never played for England again.

Compton would get a game for the Aussie team based purely on lineage

1 Like

And the soccer team.

I know Denis played for Arsenal…did he play for England too?

Fergussons an ideal step up to replace Paine as skipper, or at least fill the breach until someone like Cummins comes through. Henriques as VC in the meantime.
May as well get that experience into him while he’s young.

Ferguson is one of the most inconsistent batsmen you’ll ever see. He’ll have a good spell, then hardly make a run for 4 matches.

I don’t think he’s in our top 15 batsmen.

2 Likes

Further more, if we’re going to revamp CA, get some forward thinkers in.

Get Greg Matthews in - we need those kind of thinkers.

Colin millers not being utilised either.

Shake things up.

2 Likes