Cricket Part II

I’d have thought Clarke had a good technique. Smith’s is very unorthodox and you’d expect that both he and Warner will start to struggle once their eyes and reflexes start to deteriorate.

2 Likes

He was pretty loose.

That said, Punter had his flaws. Tendency to go too hard at the ball and fell across his front pad.

Teflon Pat has been chopped early according to Robert Craddock.

1 Like

BBL will be sure to destroy his technique

2 Likes

Laters Pat Howard. Should have gone years ago

5 Likes

Amarfio (CA GM of broadcasting) was criticised for having his PA cook him hot breakfasts at work. LOL!

Fark me. What alternative universe do these blokes live in?

2 Likes

Interesting and pleased that Amarfio has gone as well. He completely balls up the tv rights in my mind. Taking the highest dollar by an immaterial amount at the expense of free to air exposure was horrible foresight. Also overlooking channel 10 who basically created the cash cow that is BBL was very poor form. These decisions show a clear lack of respect for relationships which demonstrates the arrogance comments thrown at CA.

Just to clarify Channel 10 basically offered the same cash amount as Channel 7 but included ODIs. The issue was their bid was a joint one with Channel 9 who CA wanted out. Pairing together Fox sports and Channel 10 would have resulted in only a slightly lower cash figure but maintained free to air coverage and also kept a strong relationship in play.

2 Likes

I assume CA wanted Channel 9 out just because they hate Michael Clarke too.

CA want cash. Nothing new here.

1 Like

What else are minions meant to do :grinning:

1 Like

Great hundred by foakes to get us a decent total considering the score line when he came in. Then with his first touch of the ball as keeper takes a catch

Got Sri Lanka 4/41, come on boys keep going!

Just seen highlights of Sangha’s knock. A lot of edges over slips and between the vacant slip/gully region whilst attempting to drive through cover. Hardly convincing IMO…

1 Like

Did you ever watch Ponting?

A KIWI pair has obliterated a series of freakish new cricket records in an astonishing 43-run over of pure pyrotechnics.

New Zealand Herald

news.com.auNOVEMBER 7, 20185:12PM

Play

Mute

0:00

/

0:32

Loaded: 0%

Progress: 0%

Fullscreen

Bloke gets hit for 43 in over

|0x0

A CRICKETING world record has fallen in Hamilton this afternoon, with the Northern Districts duo of Joe Carter and Brett Hampton smashing 43 from an over bowled by Central Districts youngster Willem Ludick in the domestic one-day Ford Trophy competition.

43 runs is believed to be the most to have ever been taken from an over in “List A” (one-day) cricket. Cricinfo’s records note that the previous record for most runs in an over came from Zimbabwe’s Elton Chigumbura, who took 39 from an over back in 2013.

Aussie Nathan Lyon also features on the list after South Australian batsman Alex Ross last summer bashed him for 32 runs in one over during a JLT one-day Cup match at Hurstville Oval.

Hampton started the onslaught with a four, followed by two legside sixes as Ludick bowled two waist-high no balls. A further six followed down the ground, before a single put Carter on strike.

Carter than plundered the last three balls of the elongated over for six through mid-wicket, bringing up 43 runs from the over — six sixes, a four, a single and two no-balls — and ravishing Ludick’s figures from the acceptable 9-0-42-1 to the grim 10-0-85-1.

Here is how it looked on the scorecard:

Last 5 over run rate: 15.82

Overs remaining: 4

WASP projected score: 310

Over tracker: 4, 6nb, 6nb, 1, 6, 6, 6, 6

The Bay of Plenty pair of Hampton and Carter combined to add 178 for the sixth wicket after linking up at 95-5. Hampton eventually was dismissed for 95 from 66 balls, while Carter went on to finish unbeaten on 102 from 77 balls, his maiden one-day century, as ND finished on 313-7.

The partnership was also a Northern Districts record for the sixth wicket against Central Districts, breaking the previous mark of 150, set between BJ Watling and Peter McGlashan in 2011.

New Zealand also holds the record for most runs coming from an over in all formats of cricket, with 77 runs coming off a Bert Vance over in four-day cricket in 1990, after Vance purposely bowled repeated no-balls in an attempt to give the opposition an incentive to chase a seemingly difficult total.

Yep. Don’t recall him getting 7-8 boundaries via streaky outside edges too many times whilst making a hundred…

1 Like

Only because you don’t remember, not because it didn’t happen.

I have the same terrible memory that you do. Late in his career I remember a lot of LBW’s…but not much snicking.

1 Like