Cricket Part II

He’ll be ok as long as Smith doesnt run him into the ground. Three fulltime spinners, plus Maxwell, Smith himself, Cartwright. Should be able to manage his loadings to 15 or so overs per day. Pointless any more than that on these pitches anyway.

Edit: just checked. He’s bowled 17. As an armchair captain, thats enough lad. Take a break until tomorrow and let the spinners earn their keep.

Don’t forget his history and his lack of a previous season

Im not forgetting. Imo he’s the most valuable asset in australian cricket and vital to our Test future. Like i said, i wouldnt be bowling him past 3 shortish spells and if we bat poorly and end up in the field again soonish I’d reduce that even further. This is a pitch for other bowlers anyway.

1 Like

Seems a pretty good fightback from 5/117

Yeah I agree with that

The record for the most wickets in a 2 test series by an aussie is 18

Lyon currently has 16 this series with an innings to go

1 Like

Anyone know his average over the last 24 months? His current average is 32 but I reckon his past 2 years he’s been bowling better than just about any spinner we’ve had in the last 30 years bar Warne.

2017 is his best year to date, 40 wickets @ 24
2016 he had 41 wickets @ 36

It does come down to where he plays though

I’ll be interested to see if we can actually rely on the middle order to get us through this innings.

1 Like

My golly gosh, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 3.25 rpo innings be sooooo dull…

Yay…that’s more like it.

Three 50s from four batsmen so far.
They reckon Chitta is more of a batsman’s pitch, but still, well done Smith, Warner and Handscombe.

2 Likes

Now that Afghanistan have Test status, a Test in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, etc. is not an impossibility.

Congrats to Warner on back to back tons.
Looking pretty good here.
Might be an innings win if we can hang on.

Jinxed him ya ■■■■■■■.

Harsh.
He made 123.

Cartwright just killed one of the Bangers

Handy little nut, that.

Last ball before tea, just leave it. Was a nothing shot

1 Like

And to rub salt into the wound, he dropped the catch!

Did Wade just play his last test innings?