Cricket Part II

Bancroft in the runs again, Langer still thinks he could come in at Renshaws expense

Hasnā€™t Bancroft put his name up as opener, number 6 and also as a replacement keeper? Heā€™s the answer to all our holes apparently

2 Likes

I agree with Paz, currently she is the best in world cricket.

She may not be by the end of summer though.

Doesnā€™t surprise me that you agree with pazza.

She had a very good game. She had some pretty mediocre ODIs.

Iā€™d rate the Indian woman, is it Harmonpeet Kaur, as a better bat. And maybe a few male cricketers.

Sheā€™s certainly the best to play international ricket and international soccer in the last 20 years.

Best in her field but Iā€™m not getting into any arguments about the standard or Womenā€™s cricket

Whut?!?!?

Let her face the Aus menā€™s test attack and see how many runs she gets. Ditto bowling to the menā€™s test batting line up.

Agree she is the best womenā€™s cricketer in the World. But thatā€™s where it ends.

Utterly taking the p*ss for anyone that thinks legitimatley in their right mind that she is the best batter in the world for mens. Utterly insane and if it needs explaining youā€™re a deadset moron.

4 Likes

Sarah Taylor who was the ICC Womenā€™s player of the year in 2015 came over and played for my local district club in SA. Played mainly B grade and hardly made a run and was gifted a game in the A grade and kept ok but was horrid with the bat. As good as Perry is she wouldnā€™t make a run in any A grade district comp let alone at Shield level

3 Likes

Perry is the best female cricketer in the world. But as for best cricketer (both sexes) in the worldā€¦pls

Bancroft with a 100, have to say heā€™s definitely in - not sure what spot

1 Like

You lot are hilarious, you take everything so seriously.

2 Likes

Some serious question marks about Renshawā€™s form at the moment. Failed again today.
I think they will still give him a go in the first test, but if he fails there, Bancroft will come in IMO.

Waugh has all but come out and said he is playing the first test. They are just disappointed he didnā€™t make runs to take the pressure off.

1 Like

Bancroft averaging 99 in the Shield this season and a better keeper than Wade, by weight of numbers he has to come under consideration. Even as a pure batter Iā€™d rather have him at 5 or 6 than guys like Maxwell or Henriques

2 Likes

Iā€™d go:

Renshaw
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Handscomb
Bancroft (keeper)
Maxwell
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Lyon

2 Likes

Whoever they pick as ā€˜keeper, I just hope they stick with them for the entire series.

Thatā€™s pretty much how it will go. Aside from Bancroft, the only other ā€˜iffyā€™ one is Maxwell, Iā€™m not sure heā€™s done enough to be picked. The thing that heā€™s got going for him and s that there isnā€™t anyone else who is banging on the door.

Itā€™s a small sample though, only 2.5 Shield games and it wiuld be considered a gamble if they go that way. Might be a gamble worth taking unless Nevill tons-up in Brisbane.

I would have Cartwright over Maxwell (which bumps Bancroft down to 7) at this point, but otherwise yep.
Thereā€™s probably really only 2 spots up for grabs, 6 and WK.

1 Like

Bancroft 161 no at stumps for WA

1 Like