Cricket Part II

They want an all rounder for their bowling. Cartwright will get the nod IMO. Only way Bancroft comes in is for Renshaw or to keep

I canā€™t see how you can pick Renshaw in his current form, it wouldnā€™t be fair. Iā€™d open with Bancroft and bat Hughes at 6. Neville will be the keeper.

Merv or Phil? Surely couldnā€™t be talking about Daniel. Surely.

Donā€™t discount it. Heā€™s from NSW after all.

Heā€™s had a good year so far and is from NSW!

Iā€™d bring Perry in.

2 Likes

Renshaw had a net session against the Aussie quicks this morning at AB Field, which may be an indication that they intend picking him. Who knows.

NSW need 128 to make it three outrights to start the season. 0/12 after 2 overs so looks like they plan on ending this quickly.

What about Kim? :grinning:

The reports are that he did well, he is in.

1 Like

Possibly an attempt to assess where he is at against a top quality attack.

Hopefully it gives him some confidence, knowing that he is in the team, and that he can match up to the best pace attack going around at the moment.

And Iā€™d definitely bring Bancroft in for Wade. Wade had been in atrocious form with the bat, his keeping is sub-par, they dropped him from the 1-day team in India recently, and theyā€™ve had their eye on Bancroft for a while now. Heā€™s making big scores and keeping well. Seems a no-brainer to me. Also heā€™s 24, Neville and Wade are both 30-ish. The selectors will be licking their lips.

Not a no brainer, heā€™s kept for all of three matches at first class level. Iā€™d be bringing in Nev, who shouldnā€™t have been dropped anyway and still bring in Bancroft at 6 or 1.

The SACAs look like they may pull of an unlikely win in Perth - the need another 98 with 8 wickets in hand. Great match for Weatherald with a century in each innings.

1 Like

Over 400 runs for the season now for Weathers, averaging in the 70ā€™s currently with 2x100ā€™s and 2 50ā€™s from 6 knocks.
Started the season in great from as he also averaged 49 in the ODD series with 2x100ā€™s and 2x50ā€™s and peeled off 90 odd in the CA trial game against the Aussie quicks

He came and had a chat with us during pre season (hasnā€™t helped us at all mind you)
Keeps things very simple. Only plays the shots he knows he can control and play well. Doesnā€™t worry about anything else. Hits a truck load of balls during the week. Was really interesting to him.

1 Like

Great win by SA. In other news, donā€™t think Nevillā€™s omission is the biggest shock of this article:

I just canā€™t see them picking Paine, I think their source has been on the sauce. No Lyon in their squad either, but will assume thatā€™s an oversight.

1 Like

Paine!! Wowā€¦
Wade moves to Tassie and gets replaced as wicketkeeper in the Australian team by the Tasmanian first slipā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m not against the Paine selection but I canā€™t believe he hasnā€™t made a first class 100 since 2006

Iā€™d love to see paine get a chance. If not for injury heā€™d have been the mainstay since his debut.

Utterly baffling selection though. I donā€™t know how they could possibly justify it. Good luck to him though.

He is the nephew of robert shaw

1 Like