Cricket Part III

Painedemonium

4 Likes

you seem to have a high Paine threshold, sameolds.

2 Likes

and wtf australia, i go in to a meeting for half an hour and the match is over? damn you and your success!

3 Likes

Timā€™s been the Painacea for Australiaā€™s cricket woes.

2 Likes

Brisbane
Perth
Melbourne
Sydney
Adelaide

You frigginā€™ morons.

1 Like

Excellent win by the Aussies!

1 Like

Paine managing Kohli verbally, and combining that with a strong win would give the players a lot of confidence for the series, but also about themselves as a team.

5 Likes

Clinical at the end.
We have room for improvement.
The mental edge that they know theyā€™re screwed at six down is massive.
Thatā€™s why we need to dig in and take every run from the tail that we can.

Canā€™t believe Iā€™m saying this, but Iā€™d stick with Darsh.

1 Like

Great to level things.

So much angst happening with this series, which is drawing a lot of interest with the fans. Boxing Day test going to be huge!

Super bowling effort and grind out of runs by some of the batsman including tail.

Handscombe has to be cooked though. Genuine batsman or all rounder to come in.

2 Likes

A white ball of healing light

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing theyā€™ll go with an unchanged XI.

I guess if anyoneā€™s in the gun itā€™s Hanscombe.
And Iā€™d guess the options are to bring in Burns or possibly Renshaw (canā€™t believe how young he is) and move Finch to 6, or bring in Maxwell, Wade or Marsh.

Iā€™ll spew if itā€™s Marsh.

Also, Iā€™ve jumped off the replace Paine wagon.
I am flip-flopping.
He was massive in this Test, and has played some pretty dogged innings in the last few.

India were beaten before a ball had been bowled in this match. Terrible, terrible team selection.
Ashwin out was a massive blow for them, but he should have been replaced with Jadeja. And the less said about Yadav, the better.
Australia will take a massive amount of confidence from this win, and I believe it will flow through the series. Our attack is much-better balanced than theirs and (very importantly) can actually hold up an end with the bat.
India are a team being carried by a handful of individuals.

He needs to convert more starts. Bit of the Shane Watsons in that regard. Was good this game regardless.

If he can soak up 100 balls for thirty then Iā€™m more than okay with that.
I hope he really converts one day, but if thatā€™s the base then thatā€™s prettyā€¦pretty good.

1 Like

I all seriousness I quarrelled with one of the elderly blokes regarding Paine as best keeper in Australia about a year ago. I stressed you not lose your ability over a period of time due to injury. You never lose your leadership ability either. Astute cricket followers in Tasmania would tell you the same thing. If not for injury you would have had a apermanent keeper batsmen for ten years had a genuine leader that would have been regarded along side Healy, Gilchrist and marsh.
anyone who couldnā€™t see the immense pressure he sbsorbed, way he dealt with the press etc all the whole having to actually play the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  game even during this test quite frankly have a critically flawed argument. Who ever it was I was conversing with had no alternative apart from a mild reference to wade who was shield grade just in all the traits required for the job, particularly after sandpapergate.
Fkn champion.
Painey.

1 Like

Sure.
Converting one out of every four or five would completely kill the question.

Iā€™m actually not convinced heā€™s the best keeper in Australia by a long shot.
I donā€™t think heā€™s even at Gilchrist standard.
Maybe once, not now.
Heā€™s acceptable as a keeper.

I havenā€™t been in the ā€œdrop Paineā€ camp at all. Heā€™s added something to the group far beyond the sum of his parts - clearly on display in this test - , is keeping well and averages 38 at number 7. True that he hasnt converted a start, but he is what he is and really, its the freakin top orders job to get it done more often than not.

3 Likes