Cricket Part III

So I turn the tv on to watch my first stupid one dayer in fck knows how long and I’m greeted by 7 news. Fcking what?

Is this that obtuse rights deal at work? It’s on foxtel now isn’t it. Fck off.

2 Likes

Yeah boi. Invest in some Foxtel.

They are more likely to open with Maxxie than bat him at 4. He isn’t exactly the person you want walking in when the team loses to early wickets and is 2/26. Batting at 5 isn’t much different, in that you’ll often be coming in when the side needs you to dig in and rebuild. So that leaves 6 or 7, where on a good day he gets 10-15 overs or he is coming in when we are 4 or 5 down with 25-30 overs and he has to play an unnaturally safe game.

I think we both agree that batting at 6 or 7 is a waste of his talent, but the selectors are almost certain to keep him there. Having him open allows him to play the way he wants to play every game, not just when the stars align, which gives us a serious weapon

Get yourself Kayo, you get a whole lot more than just every match ad free and better commentators, you also get pretty much all sports.

1 Like

I feel we play ODI’s like it’s still 2003, ie. graft until overs 40-45 and then go all out attack. Problem with that is that you maximise your total score at around 300, if everything goes perfectly. Too often it won’t and you’ll finish with about 250-275 with too much to do.

1 Like

The first 100 of the summer is nigh

Hard to go faster earlier when you’re 2 for not many early!

I read that like it was a commercial :slight_smile:

1 Like

Better not be the kiss of death otherwise instaban!

1 Like

Just by the by, Pucovski made 82no at #3 in a grade cricket One Dayer on Saturday. Probably a decent batting track though, two others tonned up on the day. But still, I think that gives him 4 half centuries (2 No) in Premier Cricket, one half century and a double tonne in Shield.

Decent. Actually, looked it up. Averaging over 100 in both levels, lol.

1 Like

In glorious 4K

That’s fine if it was a once off, but the mindset doesn’t change regardless of the match, we still saunter until until over 45 at around 4.5-5 runs and over and then go for a bash. These days 350 is the new 300. And the best teams are making 350 more often than not.

Iirc didn’t Maxwell play a couple of really important recovery innings in the last World Cup?

Should get this Marsh kid into the test team. Looks solid.

7 Likes

Maxwell will lay an egg here… you just know it after all the talk in the media.

derp

Are you ahead of me or…

Lol, nup… solid derp :smile:

Onya Darshy!!

1 Like

Shaun Marsh what a legend…