Cricket Part III

Lynn has a similar issue, or at least he used to his FC record was great and his T20 stuff incredible but he always seemed to struggle to find the balance in 50 over cricket.

Khawaja is seriously out of form, I’m hoping the only reason they are playing him in this series is to give him time in the middle so he can play himself back into form before Sri Lanka and the ashes. And they think the ODIs would be better than bbl for that purpose, the scheduling strikes again.

1 Like

All he needs is a fake mustache and voila, integration complete!

6 Likes

Nek minit flying home for elbow surgery.

Their wicket keeper is a better bat than any one in the Australian setup, and I include smarsh in that, irrespective of his once in every 25 innings selection saving ton.

They currently have four batsmen with ODI averages over 45 and strike rates over 85.
We have two ever; Hussey and Voges (although Stoinis is close).

and we have the Cricket Australia XI versus Sri Lanka tour match

Aussies 3 for 26

Hahahahahahaha!!!

Renshaw and Burns knicking off and Marnus chopping on. Burns is ■■■■■■■ loose. Should no more be opening than Finch.

Patterson got badged pretty hard. Undergone concussion assessment.

Question for those who know of these things. Looking at the JLT numbers, McDermott’s numbers look like the sort that should be getting pushed forward. Can he play?

Not at international level.

Renshaw et al making the selectors look like, well, what they are I spose…

Fair enough, what’s the knock?

Just not quite good enough to make the jump in standard I don’t think. It’s a big leap from pounding domestic attacks on postage stamps and world class international attacks. Has had a few opportunities. Loves running himself out.

1 Like

This inspired me to have a look

SE Marsh has a higher ODI average and strike rate than RT Ponting.

Lies, damned lies…

2 Likes

Come on Will!

He can certainly hit. Very powerful.

Not there yet tho, IMO, bit too hot and cold.

Only really played 2 years of state cricket.

1 Like

He’s very one dimensional IMO. Needs to round his game off if he’s going to be any chance of succeeding at international level IMO, find some other scoring zones other than cow corner.

1 Like

Patterson is one we should look at for 3, I have liked the look of him. He currently averages 41 at shield which isn’t bad under the current standards. The only concern is he has trouble converting 50 to a 100. He has 26 50’s and only 6 100’s.

5 Likes

Yep, he is a simply a slogger and his technique is a little suspect for longer forms of the game. He has something but he needs to work on his longer form.

Yep.
Which will help him find consistency.
No real rush.