Cricket Part III

That’s like a batsman who has a habit of sometimes throwing his wicket away. If you believe the talent is there, you try and change those traits and get the best out of them. That’s why we have coaches.

That aside, does he even need to bowl 150 all the time - McGrath didn’t need it at that height and just kept it on a dime every time.
He can rip out his thommo type stuff now and then and keep em guessing

1 Like

He is farked then! :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m surprised more quick bowlers don’t use fastballs as changeups. You only really see it from guys like Pollard and Bravo who bowl medium pace in t20 as their default

1 Like

McGrath also could get the ball to swing and bowled in good areas. Billy’s only weapon ATM is his pace as he is gun barrel straight. He needs to add some strings to his bow

I don’t remember McGrath being a notable swing bowler, I always saw him as the preeminent seam bowler

Billy just needs to be locked in a room and forced to watch video of Curtly Ambrose

1 Like

Mainly seam but had the ability to get a perfect amount of swing at times

1 Like

If a tiny little bit is perfect then yes I agree

england have been playing a practice match against a West Indies 11.

England Score: 317

West Indies: 203/19. Yep…19 wickets lol

2 Likes

Patterson gets his 150

Doran into the 90’s

Both finding the scoring easy

2 Likes

I always favoured McGrath’s slight movement sideways over any swing. McGrath might ask billy not to lose that number.

Or has that been done already

Interesting that he was given a chance, he does not have an exciting FC or List A stats. Maybe this will make him?

100 for Doran

meanwhile Watto is on 96 in the BBL

Moving to Tassie stalled his development imo.

As a keeper he is behind 2 or 3, including Wade and Paine.

And as far as batting is concerned tassie has struggled to develop batting talent for some time now. Favourable bowling conditions probably doesn’t help.

100 for Watto in the BBL

2 Likes

How is it a bizarre decision to play the one lead up game to a D/N test as a D/N fixture?

Whether or not you like D/N test cricket is entirely irrelevant to whether this is a sensible fixture. Which it is.

1 Like

power plus a very good eye - impressive 100

And we declare

So every player we needed to make runs failed badly, but Patterson and Doran scored 100’s…

3 Likes