Stanlake in for Behrendoff
Zampa in for Lyon

Siddle stays? Lol.

1 Like

Hohns: Maxwell hasn’t played tests for a while

Also Hohns: Wade played recently so he is firmly in our minds

Both played their last test in September 2017

6 Likes

With this humidity, they will swing the ball a mile.

Might be worth saving some time and just have Finch retire hurt before facing the first ball

Get Maxwell out of your head, they’ll never pick him again.
I would love to have Patto in there, he will destroy the Poms.

I would have Wade at 6 but he won’t be getting picked any time soon

CA = TA

Must’ve listened when you gave him a pasting in here a few weeks ago!

Yeah he has had two good games in a row, played very well (he did get dropped twice last night though).

I love Watto but he shouldn’t even be thought about for international level now, it’s time to move on.

the fact he may be being thought of is where Australian cricket is firmly parked right now. with multiple tickets under the wipers.

1 Like

Carey gone, good delivery and good captaincy to have a 2nd slip.

Carey needs to be moved down the order and Short opening.

3 Likes

almost perfect conditions for swing bowling. Cloud cover, new ball, bit of moisture in the surface and it’s humid

1 Like

I don’t know why they haven’t brought Short in for this last ODI and given Carey a bat in the middle order.

Depending on how Warner and Smith come back from injury the selectors may be tempted to give Handscomb the gloves (although he is a fantastic fielder in his own right)

Top order collapses again, 2-27. Finch gone LBW for 14.

Bunny?

Finch has just simply been worked out and hadn’t been able to adapt. Always been a limited batsman

1 Like

Finch, the captain, has to be moved to the middle order otherwise he needs to be dropped.

Playing him in the tests has ruined him

Ridiculous batting right now, top order has put us under all sorts again so we’re playing ultra defensive and scoring very slowly, meaning again, the best we might hope for is 260-300.

1 Like

That is part of the problem, the other part is you have the two slowest scorers in at the same time, that is stupid coaching 101.

38 runs after 13 overs, for 2 wickets

Says it all really.

I will so though, that this pitch is probably not going to be one to produce a high score under the circumstances.