Cricket Part III

Damn it, … Warne is part of this,… FK! :persevere:

Must have just luckily avoided him the other day, …

I thought Stoinis got a pretty good ball, and that was a decent catch too. Not upset with that dismissal.

While I would normally agree, if you watch, he stabs at the ball with no intent and with hard hands. You do that against a spinner and more often than not you will get an edge.

These two now atm at least, are batting with more intent and better footwork that stops that issue from happening as easily.

Get em’ Maxi

max out going for quick runs

I’ll bet the coaches (and some in here already) get upset but ignore the crap that the top 4 dished up

1 Like

Lol

He threw it away mate, because that’s the only way he can play. Pretty ordinary.

Agreed.

However with 15 overs to go and the wickets down we had already it did call for him to play more conservatively for a while. Tee off in last 5.

Top order failed but he still had responsibility.

1 Like

Ugh

Got got in the process of the gettin. Bugger.

Terrible last couple of swings though.

1 Like

Going out playing a defensive shot, in this form, has always been a pet peeve of mine

Lucky there’s no major tournaments coming up

3 Likes

We need to replace our current two openers with two of: Warner/Short/Wade

or

Move Khawaja to open and bing in Ashton Turner

Kind regards,
CB.

1 Like

Khawaja has no place in our ODI setup, he is too limited in the field and with the bat.

Turner would be good back up for Maxwell in the middle order

Maxwell was in a no win situation. Comes in and has to lift the RR, if he goes slow they don’t get anywhere near a competitive target

instead of bringing him in later where he has to try and rescue the innings, why not bring him in earlier and let him build a strong base that others can build on

Usman has been in such average form all summer, I’m amazed that Australia picked him for these ODI’s in the first place, and then decided to stick with him for all 3 games

4 Likes

Maxwell is similar to Buttler, where does he bat these days in Englands setup?

It’s never maxi’s fault

Handscomb showing the top order how to go about it, 50 up off 57 balls and only 2 boundaries.

He has that “Watson-chop-to-thirdman” thing working well, I hope Stoinis is learning.

What do people think of this team for the ODI World Cup, basically they’re very small, undefendable grounds where 350+ will be getting scored regularly. No place for our slow build style.

Warner
Short
Smith
S Marsh
Maxwell
Turner
Handscomb (wk)
Stoinis
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood

Starc and Hazlewood open the bowling, Cummins first drop. 4th bowling option is Stoinis. 10 overs from Short/Maxwell and Turner.

1 Like

Fwiw Handcomb is batting admirably this ODi series, always looks busy and never gets bogged down, and most importantly scoring runs. Good stuff. S Marsh has locked his spot for the World Cup too you’d think.

1 Like