Cricket Part III

Amazing how much difference confidence makes.

So as it stands, the captain has probably played his last game in the canary yellow, and the VC of test side would be lucky to get in the boat for engerand.

Is there any positive in Australian cricket at the moment.

I can deal with it though because I know I can always switch over to the tennis, rugby, golf or soccer.

Pride restored.

Replace Turner for Finch (Batting at 5/6) and Zampa for Hazlewood, theyā€™re gonna be turning decks I reckon, and thatā€™s my side. Marsh probably at 3 over Smith, although he could be an opening option as well which would allow Short to bat at 3 (where he bats in the JLT).

I canā€™t see anyone other than Finch being captain and Iā€™d hate to see him opening against the swinging ball, so heā€™d need to bat lower. He batted pretty well down the order in the t20 last summer and I think he could play that George Bailey-role in the middle order.

1 Like

If Maxwell is going to play in that manner may as well have him open & do damage early.

Like McCullum/Gilly and co would. Very destructive or get out early.

He seemingly doesnā€™t have the Bevan/Hussey like temperament to be that important lower order batter that can do both up the scoring rate but also play to the situation

1 Like

I donā€™t think they expect him to play the Bevan-role, I think he is purely there to bat in the final 10 overs and score at 10rpo, which is incredibly arrogant considering how awful our top order has been.

1 Like

Just comparing the number of List A gameā€™s our players have played to the Indians. Itā€™s any wonder we canā€™t play this form of the game.

normally late in the innings behind allrounders like Stokes and Ali. Depends on the situation in the game though he has batted higher or depending on injuries to others. There is so many big hitters in the team itā€™s hard to put him up much higher

Normally our batting lineup consists of:

Roy
Bairstow
Hales
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Ali
Buttler

Then you have bowlers who can all do some damage like Sam Curran,Willey etc Rashid and Plunket are both decent with the bat for tail enders

Our top 3 just try to cause as much damage early as possible. Then if early wickets fall guys like Root and Morgan steady the ship.

Is stanlake the eleveniest eleven that ever did eleven?

3 Likes

Fuz Ahmed goes close. Walked out to bat in shield without a bat once.

3 Likes

Needs the sticky tape

Iā€™m sure he would have handled it

the was a NZ bowler who was awful with the bat

Quack Martin wasnā€™t it?

2 Likes

Am I back in the 1980ā€™s with a score of 230?

3 Likes

Yeah, you guys have the blueprint for modern ODI cricket, batting you have power early and late, stability in the middle and no tail to speak of. With the ball, you have 6 options who offer plenty of variety and are always threatening for wickets.

Yes. With the innings anchored by a stubborn performance by a Marsh as well

1 Like

And a tall number 11 that canā€™t bat for ā– ā– ā– ā– !

1 Like

Will this be a waste in the 2nd over?

Close call, but ultimately, yes.

Should have 2 reviews per Innings in ODIā€™s as well I reckon. Thought they did once???

Not a waste at all, they donā€™t lose their review because it is umpireā€™s call.