Cricket Part III

Remember the time when siddle was considered to be an accurate bowler

The good news is that we were playing without our two best batsmen and arguable our 3 or 4 best ODI bowlers, Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood and maybe Tye.

You obviously didnā€™t watch Tye try to close out the Big Bash game against Hobart. James Faulkner went 646 to get the 16 runs needed from the final over in the first 3 balls.

Fingers crossed the finisher might be getting back to some decent form. His all round game would be a handy addition to our ODI team.

2 Likes

Hazlewood ruled out of the SL Tests with an early stage stress fracture.

Yay.

Jhxqye Richardson called in as cover.

1 Like

Bad for Josh but a great chance for Jhye to show his stuff. Been very impressed with him. Iā€™d have picked him ahead of Starc IMO.

1 Like

Yes, but some of them can.
Just last night they didnā€™t.
Expecting a flawless performance from everyone, every game, is up there with being 65 and believing in the tooth fairy.

2 Likes

No, but the fielding was below international standard. Look at the BBL. Horrendous. We probably shouldā€™ve won that game last night. We probably finished about 20-30 short with the bat but we take those chances, especially Dhoni first ball, I think we probably get home. He anchored that innings for them and I doubt any of the others down the list couldā€™ve done thatā€¦

1 Like

You spelt Richardson wrong

I donā€™t expect flawless but I do expect international cricketers to catch absolute sodas that an under 12 club cricketer would take nine times out of ten.
Our fielding like much of our cricket has been on the decline for years now. We were always renown for being world leaders but now we look sloppy and disinterested at times. Itā€™s ground fielding aswell such as cutting down the twos and when is the last time you saw an Aussie with a direct hit of the stumps?

1 Like

Havenā€™t seen a lot of Bb this year, but on what I have seen, Tyeā€™s now been well and truly worked out. His slower ball is now picked and gets readily carted.

1 Like

You monster! That was my retirement plan!

I had to laugh yesterday, when we had chances to run them out, we missed, then when we didnā€™t have a chance we hit the stumps and they got overthrows. Sums up where things are for us as a side atm.

Looking forward to being disappointed when the selectors pick Siddle over Jhye for the test

How many times did India drop catches yesterday? Or this series?
Expecting to take basic catches and field with vigour isnā€™t being flawless itā€™s setting minimum standards in the field. The fielding has been poor.

Been pretty impressed with Indiaā€™s fielding all summerā€¦ compared to their previous teams

Agree. But when people slam the team for not being able to catch as a generalisation because players like Maxwell, who definitely can catch, grass something, I think itā€™s reasonable to call it as overstatement.

1 Like

One has a admire the depth of talent in Indian international cricket atm.

I just think itā€™s telling, TBH. Guys like Maxwell are fielding poorly, Finch doesnā€™t look like scoring, Starc never looked like taking wickets. Not our day. Not our series. Not our summer.

Labuschagne out for 50ā€¦ letā€™s go puc, Iā€™m settling in to watch you for the arvo

Live stream for those interested:

https://youtu.be/l2CXFK-aoHk

1 Like

Another 100 Patterson against SL. They havenā€™t got him out yet either.

3 Likes

Umps gave an extra over even though they should have gone to tea. Looks like the umps and SL were giving Patterson a chance to get his 100 which he did. Very nice.

1 Like