Cricket Part III

that’s probably the worst thing you could say to anyone.

1 Like

NSW opener.
Been around for 6-7 years but only 25, I thought he was older until I looked it up.
Left hander. So you really couldn’t play him and SMarsh in the same side HINT HINT.

Been batting at three a bit too, I think.

As long as he doesn’t send me to counselling like smarsh has who cares.

Yep he bats at 3

Went to last nights game. First ever BBL game. Marvel is a very good stadium for watching cricket. You feel like you are right on top of it.

2 Likes

How many people were there? I like to watch it at home, it is on at a great time, but couldn’t be arsed going to a T20 match. Is it just me or is this season a really boring season? Seems to be alot of lower scores, crowds dropping as well. Wonder what the TV ratings are like

1 Like

A tick under 40k they said.

Yep, went with my nephews. It normally hold their attention for about 3 qtrs of the game. They loved the superhero wall where you can measure your height against all the height of the super heroes. They were chuffed that they were taller the rocket raccoon

Was ant man there

Numbers are still pretty decent for attendances. There has been some good scoring but also some not so great scoring. Lynn and Dunk have both said the pitches have not been the best this year for batting on.

Just over 38k last night.
Which at Marvel is a decent crowd.
Good atmosphere.

1 Like

Yep, level 1 was packed. Full of families too which is always good to see.

1 Like

Patterson has been added to the test Squad… has to play, so who doesn’t?
I suspect they will open with Khawaja and go with both Patterson and Will Pucovski

1 Like

Pucovski will miss IMO

Actually hope you’re right and he can go back and work on the short ball. It just seems he has so much momentum to play it would be a surprise if he didn’t

Depends whether they’re desperate to get him a soft start against the Lankans and whether they have faith in Burns to open the batting (which they shouldn’t cause he’s not an opener).

My realistic XI from the blokes in the squad would be:

Harris
Koala
Marnus
Patterson
Pucovski
Head
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Richardson
Lyon

Siddle shouldn’t be near international cricket ever again, my god he’s finished.

I say realistic because I think it’s in the frame of what will be selected. Burns wont get selected in the middle order, that’s not realistic. Renshaw probably wont play, even though at this stage I’d pick him in spite of his stinky form and play him until it turns around.

1 Like

I think that’s the way they will go.

Siddle will make the Ashes squad IMO. Had a very good County season in 2018. He’s no longer express pace but bowling 75-80mph and just doing a bit with the ball can be successful in those conditions. Agreed that he hasn’t covered himself in glory this summer when he has played. If not him another swing/seam option who would do well in those conditions (Worral/Sayers) will make the tour…

Agreed. I suspect Will will be twelfth man.