Cricket Part III

The last two matches i have watched of the Hurricanes, the comms have gone with a call that Meredith is a great young bowler. Then in both times he has gone for a massive amount of runs and bowled horrible overs. In this first over of the Renegades Meredith has gone for 23 runs and I think 3 NB and 1 WD.

But boy was he quick

2 Likes

classic Brett Lee

1 Like

octane.
him and archer in tandem are magic.

Heā€™s bowled some of the worst rubbish you can imagine tonight.

Got Christian on a glove down leg side. He misses itā€¦itā€™s yet another wide.

Archer or Meredith

Wellā€¦Meredith!

Everyone can stay at my house for the final

Quick for sure but not a heap of control and doesnā€™t move it. Billy Stanlake theory. Heā€™s been pretty ordinary all tournament in fact.

He shows a bit but he had a mass explosion last night.

22yo.
1 season of shield.

Short on maturity.
Patience required.

Wow. Young fast bowler lacking control.
Whoā€™s a thunk it

2 Likes

Heā€™s pretty bad but itā€™s not so much the lack of control thatā€™s the biggest issue. He doesnā€™t really do enough with it to make for the lack of control from what Iā€™ve seen. Like Stanlake, heā€™s pretty straight and these days it doesnā€™t really matter how quick you bowl, if you bowl straight youā€™ll go the distance.
See if he can develop though, 1st point of call is to stop running in from ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Mid off!

I watched him do a bit with it in one shield game v the Vics. So he can. Donā€™t think itā€™s there consistently enough. Againā€¦22yoā€¦ not the finished article.

1 Like

Thatā€™s encouraging. Youā€™d think with that angled run up heā€™d be tailor made to take the ball away from the right hander. Fingers crossed he develops cause the kidā€™s sure got some wheels!

Yep.

Kid just needs a quiet few years as a 3rd seamer in shield, developing the consistency with a bit less pressure.

1 Like

yeah bowling up front in T20 is slaughter on a young bloke who lacks for a bit of control. Huge pressure.

Heā€™ll take a few in the final.

I donā€™t mind him and wasnā€™t really having a go at him, more the stupid comms like Lee who talk people up way, way too soon. Sure he has some promise but letā€™s give him some time to develop first.

Brett Lee commentates like he bowled.

1 Like

Worse