Cricket Part III

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Well done boys!!

1 Like

As I’ve previously posted the finals series for BBL is flawed - First should go through to the final and 2nd and 3rd should playoff to reach the final - There are many variables in this style of cricket.

A few years ago, stars were on top of the ladder and hurricanes beat us in the semi out of nowhere, revenge is so so so sweet

COME ON!!!

yep - provided excellent support to Maxwell. Got runs and kept the strike ticking over.

Maxwell rapt to be in the final. Looks like he really wants to win this BB.

One of the best innings I have seen Maxwell play. Didn’t do anything stupid, just played really really smart cricket. Needed someone to steady us and see it home and he did both. Really good knock from Gotch too

good call by you yaco, no one cares.

It doesn’t have to be a good call or bad call - It’s a flawed system when the fourth team can make finals and have a negative win/loss.

Tournament cricket. It’s about getting it done when it matters. Hurricanes didn’t. To be frank though there was always a huge question on their bowling and ability to defend totals. In the end it was precisely that which they proved unable to do.

Even worse for them was the fact that they had basically 3 batsmen control the scoring for most of the tournament so when they fell early they didn’t have enough players in form with the bat to see it out.

That’s what having a Maxwell lower down can overcome.

But I do agree with Yaco for a change, the top team should have a double chance.

But well done to the Stars. Hopefully we will get an all Vic final.

1 Like

Yeah they were always so heavily reliant on the two guys at the top of the order. It’s a bit disappointing that if we do have an all Vic final it’ll be at Marvel. They’d be a chance to get ~60k+ at the MCG given the family friendly timeslot.

If renegades win, I think it should be at their home ground. Even though you would get a monster crowd at the MCG. They have earned the right for it to be at their home venue

Oh of course, just disappointing for the spectacle that they’ll have 35k instead of 60…

Disregarding crowd size, I actually prefer watching cricket at Marvel over the G.
At Marvel you are sitting right on top of the game.
It’s superb.

3 Likes

For a top 4, it should be the old system the VFL had. 1v2 for QF, winner goes into the GF. 3v4 for elimination, winners plays loser of QF, loser is out.

1 Like

Agree totally. Great place to watch cricket

2 Likes

Exactly.
How often do you see sides in club cricket finish clear on top and lose a semi? Seems to happen almost every year in our comp.

1 Like

The dome is a far, far, far better stadium than the G.

1 Like

The only problem with the stadium is the way the ticketing is handled. Great to watch footy though

come on Renegades i want to go see the Stars in the final!!! any chance you can bowl better!!

Hang on. The Big Bash isn’t seriously still going is it? What the hell

2 Likes