Cricket Part III

Durham have named Bancroft as captain for the county season. Very interesting development.

What this proves is how little ■■■■■ the rest of the cricketing world gives for the virtue signaling of our weak minded spineless administration.

4 Likes

Managed to sneak out for a couple of hours and have a look. The positive is getting paid to watch cricket, the negative is it’s the Deadbacks batting :sob:

You got to watch Patto in full flight. You’ve had a good morning.

1 Like

SA 4 for 39
Pattinson: 4 overs, 3 maidens, 2 wk for 1 run…

3 Likes

Lehmann’s going worse than Dean.

Clearly I’ve been living under a rock and don’t know who this Nielsen fella is. Given he’s from SA and a wicket-keeper, is it safe to assume he’s “the son of…”?

correct

Trav Dean looks about 40

I bet he was that kid at school who hit puberty at 10, grew a beard by 11, buying beers at 12, and stopped growing by 13.

1 Like

even older if you consider how long ago that photo must’ve been taken…

1 Like

Only way he gets a game

1 Like

Really? Raised bat and helmet off suggests he’s 100.

4 Likes

6 fa for Copeland

42 wickets at 18.80 this season

Should have played more for Australia over the years if we didn’t have this belief that pace was everything. Should be considered for the ashes

3 Likes

No. Domestic plodder. Cannon fodder at international level.

Yep, Sayersesque.
Medium pace that picks up the crap Australian domestic players with no footwork

1 Like

Elite batsmen and flatter wickets… no thanks.

Same probably got said of Philander and Abbas

Philander would take 80 wickets a year if he played SS. Some of these batters are seriously so poor they wouldn’t get games in country leagues

1 Like

Are you still at the game? Any reason why Patto has only bowled 7 overs & the other quicks 10-12?

They’d still be managing his loads I’d imagine.

1 Like