Cricket Part III

6th title in 10 years as well I believe or thereabouts.

Well done Vics. Great win.

I never went to E&W. Just the precursors.

Grew up in West St Kilda, and went past the Junction on the way to school every day.

I remember it when the old Army barracks were between the Junction and the railway line…a hangover from WW2, and the knockoff bell went off at 4.53pm every day.

Marcus Harris - Man of the match

Yep. You guys really should win it every year under the current setup. By far the best domestic squad

Bowling is strong. Need more middle order batting. The only one I can recall getting a game is Eamonn Vines. Mackenzie Harvey is in the wings, and there’s Handscomb, Maxwell, Finch and Maddinson to come back in.

At full strength it should nearly always be a VIC v NSW final as the other states just don’t have the depth or numbers to choose from. I would love the SS comp to go back to its past glories of the best v the best but it just can’t happen anymore with all the international tours.

Aussies 0-110 after 18.3

Khawaja 60 and Finch 45

I’d love to see a full strength Vic XI vs NSW XI it would be quite the site and it might actually sell a few tickets and hot chips.

1/150 off 27.
Darsh blocking.

Lol.
And just as I say that he straight drives for four and stuffs the bowler’s finger.

We just might finish 1/270.

The NSW attack will look pretty darn good if that’s for sure. Potentially next year a bowling lineup of Starc, Cummins, Morkel, Hazlewood and Lyon

Maxwell, 14 off 5.
Yay!

98 for Khawaja. Given his form he’s a certainty for the World Cup squad and will likely to start in the warm up games.

Lol.
Maxwell just blocked a six.

58 from 28.

Goin’ the fkn tonk mate!!

And another 6 from a mis hit. 65 off 30.

300 reached.

Entertaining 70 off 33, bowled going for the ramp shot.

Did we really not have him in the team at one point?

Yeah, maybe just a bit of lairising at the end there.

Not like you shouldn’t in this situation though.

Warner and Bairstow went off in the IPL. Highest opening stand in IPL history and the 3rd successive time they’ve put on a century for the opening wicket. Davey in some touch leading into the WC…