Cricket Part III

If he did it as a joke then yes. But what if he didn’t post it as a joke and it was a genuine post about his best friend?

True, … and the backlash it seems. has only really eventuated from the disappointment felt by those that felt it a watershed when he had to backtrack on it.

Does feel a little double standardy when you think about it.

1 Like

That is quite a … statement. I can only speak for myself and my response is based on the ramifications that his post would have had on a young sportsman grappling with his own sexuality and wondering whether he should “come out”. James’s ill thought out post wouldn’t have helped them in any way. Quite the opposite imo.

1 Like

Then he isn’t thinking.

Quite the contrary actually ,. for mine.

Despite the disappointment of Gay rights advocates etc, at realising in the end this wasn’t "The first guy to “come out” boldly as an elite sportsman, … nor the Medias disappointment they didn’t have a big story to run with, and/or at being made to look foolish because they ran with it and blew it up without checking &/or confirming as they are wont to do in the “Be first, … don’t worry about being Factual” digi media age, … the positive response he got from everyone before the correction was made, is a VERY positive thing, and would do nought but encourage and inspire others who might be thinking about doing so, to do so.

1 Like

One of the big issues with social media is public figures now have a direct line to the public so they can “accidentally” come out. Before social media this would not have happened. He calls his best mate to his close friends his boyfriend and they laugh it off. But now he posts it and it goes viral.

I’m really on the fence with all this. I see both sides.

So anyways, when does the WC start?

I couldn’t give a pinkshit whether Faulkner is gay, straight or bi. His sexual orientation is his own business. If he talks about it on Instagram, it’s still nothing to do with me. It’s got sweet fuckall to do with his cricketing ability.

2 Likes

Why are those media grubs getting off the hook here? Not 1 of them contacted James to confirm or deny anything and instead chose to run a story based off a tweet. Just poor all around IMO

3 Likes

May 30th - England v Sth Africa

I thought the rule was give the hosts an easy game first up?

Playing the greatest chokers in WC history? This is an easy game.*

• aren’t really many easy games this year with the reduced format.
2 Likes

Both are minnows on the big stage

1 Like

Agree not too many east games, but by comparison Australia gets Afghanistan first up. Nice way to ease in the returning players

They write whole articles based on tweets consistently and have a for a few years. They call it journalism.

I still stand by everyone and everything on instagram being pure, cretinous, self involved crap.

2 Likes

England have lost wood and a fair bit of potency.

Here’s an Aussie cricketer that is about to enter in to same sex relationships, although I don’t think he’ll have much say about it, or be using his social media platform to announce it.

4 Likes

And will remain on the Sex Offenders list for the rest of his life, as the disgusting prikk well should.

1 Like

On a lighter note. Is the Rajastan Royals pink uniform the worst of all time.

Are you making assumptions, disparaging and/or stereotyping comments about prison folk being homosexual here? I would like to hereby be outraged on their behalf…

Am I doing it right?