Cricket Part III

Turned the game on around the 34 over and over was thinking 350 minimum, been fairly rubbish batting since

1 Like

:see_no_evil:

Staggered that Trav couldnā€™t get a gig in this side

1 Like

Would of been nice to go to bed in the interval knowing we had the game shot to pieces.
Thinking we probably might have enough.

On a side note I dig the Grey Nicolls guitar.
Would luv to see Eddie VH give it a rip.

1 Like

Who would he replace? In general i think 15 is a very small squad for such a tournament. We picked 2 spare quicks, 1 spare spinner and a spare batsman.
I guess the problem is that Smith, Uzzie and Marsh are not power hitters.
Its not easy to pick this kind of squad.

Marsh for starters

1 Like

Falling apart

Pathetic

Iā€™ve said it before, but we will never win the WC with a batting game plan from 1998.

5/30 is a fair effort. Heā€™s single handedly given his team a chance.

1 Like

5/21 off the last 5 overs

Yuk

Thatā€™s probably a touch below par. How we could manage that from where we were about halfway through the innings is extraordinary. I still think weā€™ll win though, Cummins and Starc will be hard to handle on this pitch.

The batting line up just didnā€™t make sense

I have marsh higher, Khawaja at 3. Maxwell to come in later with Carey to bring it home

At one stage was thinking 370/380.
Par was 350 from the platform that was set.

Agree with Ace that was a pathetic effort to finish up with that score.

Actually worried now and have to go to bed restless.

Good luck to those of you staying up.

Iā€™ve got to get up in a few hours so canā€™t watch but Iā€™m very confident we will win comfortably

2 Likes

You will win , and easily at that. I will be amazed if Pakistan make even 200

Your bowlers will eat them alive

Sleep well, Aceman. I love your confidence.

On the flip side like India did, if they get through Starc and Cummins first spell theyā€™ll romp it in

This is my thoughts exactly. The pitch had a few gremlins in it and Starc and Cummins will exploit them. I think the Pakis are as just as good of a chance to be rolled for 120 as they are of making 300

Theyā€™re 1/2 in the third over.

And half of those runs were from a dopey umpire mistake.