Cricket Part III

Not super green

Looked to have a bit of swing, and a bit of seam. Not unusual for a first-session first-day Hobart wicket. You can view the wickets on the cricket app

And I have to say, the wicket of the Tas number 7 possibly the worst shot of them all.

Expansive cover drive, no footwork, and the head lifting up, at 5- ■■■■ all.

Yeah, nah.

Oh well, lucky he’s not been deemed the saviour of Australian cricket or anything.

Rubbish run out then some good outswing from Sandhu remove Dean and Handscomb. Vics 2-20 odd.

England all out for 346, got a lead of 300.last wicket partnership of 39 got us there

Pushpakumera and Akila must be two of most innocuous spinners ever to represent Sri Lanka.
Both pie throwers with hardly any control.
Add a captain with zero tactical nous and a keeper who has no idea and you have a VERY ordinary test team

N.Z not doing too well against the paki’s. so is the standard of batting world wide has slipped so far.

Leach with a peach!

Got Sri Lanka 3-26

Jennings with a amazing reflex catch at short leg just before that to have them 2 down

SA lost a team hat trick. Were 2/91 lead of 144 or thereabouts, then lost 3 wickets in the final 2 overs to be 5/92

What is the point of a 10 over each game?

Contracts with sponsors, tv networks etc.

i didnt see the south africans play these comedy shots…

basics win matxhes

our bowlers too short and wide not full enough

our batsmen very poor

go back read my posts they have no situation awareness of where what is needed !

We have too many of the same type playing the game. All of them are just stand and deliver sloggers, none of them know how to graft an innings, T20, ODI or test.

1 Like

Graft an innings in a 10 over match?

1 Like

Yeah there is a still a place for it, even when trying to slog. Faf did it.

We did lose 7 wickets in 10 overs…

But i think more the point is we have sloggers not players like Bevan who would turn the strike over and pick gaps and time when he went for the slog shots

1 Like

We have too many guys who look like they would be gun baseballers, or in some cases pretty long hitting golfers, but not so many that are good at cricket.

1 Like

Maxi had a good game

Our best with the bat, the ball and in the field

I understand what IT is saying, you don’t need to try and boundary off every ball, sometimes you just need to respect the delivery and push for singles or try and turns ones into 2s. 10 an over these days is not hard to get if you bat properly.

1 Like

We should graft some bowlers and batsmen to get more all-rounders.

1 Like

Shaun Graft?

2 Likes