Cricket - The Ashes Tour, 2019

Probably the Indian cricket board. It’s only a fairly new rule

2 Likes

If you have a Superover to decide the game and it’s still tied then surely logic says you have another Superover until it’s decided.

15 Likes

Seriously, just have another super over until one team finishes with more runs.

3 Likes

Or like every other amateur cricket league a tie means you have joint winners.

5 Likes

So England had two chances to pass NZ score and did not do so either time.

But they are the world champs?

Bed time.

Thanks for the company!

4 Likes

No winners - it reverts back to the previous winner.

WE ARE STILL WORLD CHAMPIONS

5 Likes

Devastating loss, but I’m still happy because Essendon are in the 8!!!

3 Likes

NZ bowled more dot balls.

Why is that less important than boundaries in a contest between bat and ball?

7 Likes

That’s a farking disgraceful way of deciding a World Cup. Hope the English feel hollow winning like that. No doubt they won’t. Nothing more could have gone against the Kiwis in the last few overs.

3 Likes

I still can’t figure out how a super over is fair to the side that batted first. The chasing team to me has all the advantages, with batsmen that still have their eye in, while the defending team comes in cold. A hell of a lot harder to come in cold with the bat than it is with the ball.

2 Likes

Much debate to come on this joke of a finish. There’ll be rule changes resulting from this. No more countback, deflections off batsmen will = Deadball, and while they are at it scrap leg byes as well.

1 Like

hollow haha, their world cup hero should be in jail, if he was just some random bum he would have been.
they rushed through their new best bowler for this exact reason also.

they won’t feel hollow, they will feel justified that they sold their soul for a wc win.

6 Likes

Don’t have an issue with scoring runs with the ball coming off a batsmen while playing a shot, just shouldn’t happen if it strikes them while running.

Still plenty of light left for another Superover to decide this thing.
No - we’ve already had one of those and it was still a tie.
Imagine how ridiculous it would be if the scores are tied after a second Superover.

Just give it to England that doesn’t look ridiculous at all.

Pathetic!

2 Likes

World Champions*

2 Likes

I’ve never supported NZ on anything before. But I felt gutted after that. So unlucky. The catch by Boult, then stepping on the rope, followed by the deflection for four farce.

And I agree that a tie should come down to wickets, not boundaries. Who the hell is counting boundaries?

2 Likes

This would’ve been the perfect way to see England lose, not nz. What a ■■■■■■ result to wake up to. Let’s hope the ashes turn out better than this…

1 Like

No they won’t they will carry on like it is their divine right to win and then all their players will get OBE’s and/or knighthoods!

3 Likes

England have still never won a world cup final

12 Likes

Geez I’m feeling it this morning. Was only going to watch an hour or so of the England innings as I start work at 5 but ended up seeing it out and going straight to work

3 Likes