Cricket - The Ashes Tour, 2019

Every chance of it in the future

Who they going to howzattttt to? The big screen?

Team of the tournament named. Starc and Carey the only Aussies. Personally I think Warner is unlucky to miss out. I would have had him in ahead of Roy.

I think that law based on the position of the batsmen from when the throw is made is totally unenforceable if the throw is from the outfield. You can’t possibly watch both things at once.

I agree with @Aceman. The way that law is always enforced, that’s 6, not 5.

If it’s a throw from anything but the circle, they’re not going to be able to cross in time anyway, unless it’s the last ball or two from the end.

give me a spell. this isn’t ■■■■■■■ park cricket, they have a god damn third umpire with access to every replay you could possibly hope for. And it’s the one game every 4 years that actually ■■■■■■■ matters. Inexcusable that they don’t know the rule well enough to consider whether to check.

4 Likes

wouldn’t have happened if Kettleborough was umpiring.

The AFL says hello

4 Likes

This is the important part of your post. The umpires have stood in the middle of hundreds if not thousands of games. They have a very good idea of roughly how long it takes for a ball to get back to the stumps from the boundary when thrown, and would equally have a good understanding of how long it takes to complete a run. If the ball is hitting the batsman as he dives for the crease, it absolutely left the fielders hand well before the players could have crossed in the middle of the pitch.

As I said earlier, I thought the determining point was as the ball crossed the pitch. I had no idea of this part of the rule.

And I’d bet 999 out of 1000 non-first-class umpires around the world would have paid 6.

Now I know. And on the size of a lot of the grounds we play on, it’d still be 6…and a lot of English grounds.

I said all sports

Fair to says that the cricket Gods dumped all over NZ in the final.

6 Likes

Burns failed again. Harris and Warner to open you would think

Harris, 50, gets out the left arm finger spinner

Patterson, 38, loses his wicket to the same bowler

Head and Wade at the crease together once again.

Head gone for 12

Wade forced to retire hurt

Paine out for 38. Aus A 6/196 and have a lead of 326.

Paine also fell to Leach. Leach has 3 wickets

Wade hit on the elbow but batted through til tea and didn’t come back but has had a scan and all good.

Don’t discount Bancroft but surely Harris has the inside running.

1 Like

Bancroft was doing ok in the county OD comp, how has he gone in the long form over there?

He’s made >600 runs at 41 inc 2x 100’s and 1x 90 and 2x 70’s, Bit up and down.

1 Like