Cricket - The Ashes Tour, 2019

Or Patto. Edgbaston, first morning, bit of moisture in the deck early, swinging duke ball. ■■■■■■ pls.

And you shouldn’t be allowed to use bowlers who have bowled their 10 overs.

1 Like

They should play Foakes, Woakes and Stokes.

All ■■■■ blokes.

4 Likes

What ever happened to Dawad Malan the run machine in Aus?

Or has he defected back to his homeland?

The thing is that you don’t play extra bowlers expecting to get a team out cheaply, you play extra bowlers in case you can’t.

1 Like

From a while back …

Folks like Chris Woakes like blokes like Alfie Noakes who smokes, pokes, tokes, drives mini mokes, hates slowpokes, wears cloaks, eats egg yolks and artichokes, drinks cokes, grows oaks, likes The Strokes, is easy to coax, soaks,chokes and eventually croaks, no jokes, no hoax and is definitely not Ben Stokes.

3 Likes

Surprisingly he is English and he seems to have lost his spot during the India tour of England last summer.

He has hit scores of 199 and 166 in his past 3 FC games though.

what back to wales?

1 Like

His dad is a saffer

I’m sure they banged on all last Ashes series about him being a saffer.

Wiki says, born in England.

Born in England, grew up in safferland
I’m fine with that. It’s the guys who play U19s for one country and seniors for the highest bidder…

Just got back from our local comps AGM and had a couple of SACA reps there going over the helmet policy. Compulsory for all batsmen and umpires to strictly enforce. Will be neutral observers scouting games and any umpires not enforcing it will be dropped and clubs will lose points. Also mentioned that CA are in the process of developing a helmet for bowlers and this could be compulsory as early as the start of the 2020/21 season

What hell? A bowler’s helmet? Will they also make someone fielding at 3rd man wear one? I also don’t get that an individual can’t opt out on the basis it’s their life they are risking.

I am sure it does happen a bit but the likelihood of someone getting hit in the head when bowling from the ball must be a billion to one. There was an incident involving a Zimbabwean test player a few years ago where he had it his teeth smashed in. I doubt a bowling helmet would stop this happening.

Yeah it’s a tough one. The footage they showed tonight showed Joe Mennie copping a fractured skull in the nets and Fawad Ahmed receiving a broken jaw from a straight drive.
I refuse to wear one whilst batting so at this stage have likely played my last game

This England’s teat squad to play Ireland next week. Makes our batting look strong. Roy included, Stokes and Butler rested, while Wood and Archer are missing due to injury.

Will Morgan be playing for Ireland?

2 Likes

Haha. In a similar vein Archer has actually gone home to Barbados for his rest. You can’t make up how ridiculous the qualifying laws are for cricket.

1 Like

What’s the current helmet policy? What part isn’t being enforced?

Compulsory for batsmen under 18 to wear helmets and also if keeping up to stumps. Adults were not compulsory but that has now changed and all batsmen must wear them starting this season