Cricket - The Ashes Tour, 2019

The England and Wales and Ireland and New Zealand (forgive me if I’ve missed a few) team have done very well up ‘til now.
That doesn’t mean they’ll be welcomed back into the cricket community with open arms.

3 Likes

Anyone else feel like team could be special

This is our XI

Super impressed with the bowling and Carey is a bit of an X factor

Get the middle order right (which I think they will) and we are right in this

1 Like

Good to see Cummins bowling 1st change as he should, immediate dividends.

Pakistan play NZ (tonight) and Afghanistan before England play their next match and will move ahead of them on the table if they can win both. :grin:

2 Likes

Kevin Pietersen:

The former England batsman wrote on Twitter: “Oh no, Eoin Morgan looked scared! That Is A Horror Sign.” He then added: “The England captain stepping to square leg when Starc bowled his first delivery to him made me think England could have a little problem over the next week or so. I hope not, but I’ve not seen a captain show such a weakness for a while.”

3 Likes

I’d be putting money on Pakistan beating NZ then losing to the Afghans

1 Like

Why not? Pakistan will. :wink:

9 Likes

very good news to wake up to

2 Likes

This guy knows.
:laughing:

1 Like

We crushed them, awesome news to wake up to.

1 Like

Except maybe Root and Stokes, England are a team of “on their day” type cricketers. Barring those two, they lack guys willing to dig in and do the hard stuff.

Compared to Australia, where Warner, Finch, Smith, Carey, Cummins all seem willing to do that and could mount a case for Lyon (when picked), Stoinis and Khawaja.

The way this team has turned it around is a credit to Langer and co. It wasn’t that long ago we looked an absolute rabble.

2 Likes

His innings was disgraceful. If the poms want someone to boo, he might be that person.

KP’s comments were spot on.

6 Likes

And I’m shocked, shocked i tell you, to see that Bairstow ended up getting out to a rubbish shot with zero footwork. Deadset cat.

Couple of very good catches by us too, looking at the highlights.

Never in doubt :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Please let the Pakis win tonight

2 Likes

I’m around lol

Well done to Australia, by far the better team on the day

3 Likes

Great to see Moeen return to form with his invaluable bowling at 7-an-over and priceless 6 with the bat.
Deadset crab!

6 Likes

If we tidy up our middle/late order we stand a very good chance of snatching the cup.

Just saw the highlights and our bowling - wow, some seriously impressive deliveries.

1 Like

Really great Aussie win last night, but to be honest I’m more excited about watching the next two England games for the inevitable implode and fallout

3 Likes