Cricket - The Ashes Tour, 2019

Shadab with a peach to get rid of Williamson

That’s a nice a ball

Would love to see a Pakistan vs India semi

Pakis are set up here. In Zid are going to be knuckling down against us. Although, Starc and Berendorf at Lords again. Let’s hope we get similar conditions.

Good fight back by the Kiwis. They have made a game of this. Anything up around 230 will be tough to chase.

2 Likes

Starc is going to go nuts in The Ashes. If he’s there at the end of the fifth test he will be knocking 40 wickets. I’m calling it here.

1 Like

What a comeback by New Zealand. 237 is a competitive total in these conditions.
Great innings by Neesham and de Grandhomme.

3 Likes

Pakistan will always give you a chance.

But they tend to wait until they’re odds on to win before doing so…

3 Likes

Would take a collapse of Pakistani proportions to lose this one.

Pakistan do it comfortably.
Poms must be getting nervous now

it’s tight for 4th spot

So would India. Seven WC matches against them and seven victories.

1 Like

NZ played their part. Good on them. We should probably let them win on Saturday to ensure they still get through and we can then knock them out in the semi.

why? wut? , wait … …, … wut? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That all makes no sense at all. NZ won’t need help to “Get through” & It’s 1v4 & 2v3, so we want to retain 1 & Bangers to get into 4, …

I think India will finish 1st mate. They’ve got ~4 games left and will have a superior NRR to us by the time they finish. I also think Pakistan will get into 4th instead of Bangladesh because they’ll beat their Bangers and Afghanistan in the last 2. The risk is NZ losing their last two games and slipping out with England staying in.

Ideal make up is:
India
Australia
New Zealand
Pakistan

India v Pakistan in a semi will be monumental and the Pakis are every chance to flip the tables on India to go through to the Final where they could just as easily completely puke all over themselves.

not to mention India have the point from the washout so the NRR may not even come into it.

wow, all that is quite bizarre. Don’t really care what you think, or who you think beats who.

Don’t want any Oz side throwing a game to help NZ or for any other fkn reason or move based on what you think might happen, …

We aim for top spot & play the 4th best side in the semis, … nothing else makes any sense at all.

There’s still lots of different permutations but it’ll look clearer after Friday night.

And if you don’t think teams will be thinking about massaging results and NRR to ensure they get the semi final opponent they want then I’d like to remind you of 1999 when we did exactly that to try and ensure the right sides went through to the Super 6 stage of the tournament. It then happened again in 2003 as well.

And broadly to win the tournament, we need to avoid India until the final if possible. Similarly I’d want to avoid England if the do manage to stay in.

1 Like

So a rain-ruined day should be enough to get England over the line?

Lucky they’re the host, then.