Cricket - The Ashes Tour, 2019

That was a big opportunity missed. Tbey get Sharma now and that goes a long way towards keeping India’s total at a manageable level.

Yes. I haven’t forgotten that.

Rohit

India going at a run a ball after 11. Sharma has offered two chances to run him out and Pakistan have failed to capitalise. Pitch looks great for batting and it’s easy to aee India posting a total of around 380 the way things are looking now.

On track for 200 if he doesn’t get out

Absolute shambles in the field

Wahab and Aamir both on their last warnings for tuning on the pitch. I’ve never seen two bowlers in the same innings both on last warnings.

Sharma looks set for a double ton

When in comes to limited over Sharma is an absolute freak

And kohli is the best batsmen in the world by a fair margin too

Good things there’s some spice in the wickets…

The thing about him is that he scores so quickly without taking risks. He is the complete one-day batsman.

1 Like

The thing I can’t understand with Sharma is why he has never really cracked test cricket. He is fairly good against the short ball and actually plays horizontal bat shots unlike a lot of batsmen out of the sub continent. It has to be a mental thing about the red ball and white clothes.

1 Like

West Indies vs Bangladesh tonight. Gayle our for a duck after facing 13 balls.

The loser of this match can kiss their WC chances goodbye. WI consolidating after a slow start.

Hope all the cricket fans here are listening to the The Greatest Sesosn that Was podcast on the 1999 World Cup. The latest interview with Andy Flower was a ripper about Zimbabwean cricket as a whole. Really enjoyable listen and extremely insightful. Boy what a World Cup Neil Johnson had in 1999.

Hetmyer is absolutely creaming them for the Windies.
47 off 22 so far.

Windies 3/237 off 38.4 overs.

Windies now 3-237 off 38.4

Hope on 80 (99) and Hetmyer 48(23). Hetmyer has hit some big sixes.

1 Like

Hetmyer got out for 50 and Russell second nut, butHolder has carried on the work with 33 off 14. Hope on 87.

5-282 with 39 balls to go.

And Holder holes out next ball. Bravo to come in then the three quicks.

1 Like

And Bangladesh gets the runs with 51 balls to spare - A walk in the park.