Cricket - The Ashes Tour, 2019

Lucky Carey caught his helmet. Chin music drawing blood.

Took it like a farkn champ. Now go make 100 son

6 Likes

Handscomb. Why would you bring in a bloke that is so suspect to the moving ball. I’m no huge Wade fan but atleast he can play a swinging ball

3 Likes

Great bouncer

Yep - ridiculous

Mmm, … get stitched up, then go out and stitch them up, … eh? :thinking:

The way you think, … I like it.

Starc must be licking his lips whilst Morgan will be peeing his pants

Like I said before, based on Warner and Finch’s form coming in, they wouldn’t have thought he’d be in this early. Between overs 10-40 he’d have been a good choice, arrogant selection really. I’d have brought in Wade and Handscomb and opened with Wade keeping Handscomb lower and Finch away from the new ball.

Did we FU by batting first?

I’d have been tempted to send England in with the cloud coverage and to test their nerve.

But the trend this tournament has been obviously in favour of the team batting first.

Well it’s easy to say we did now. IMO we played the “trend” and not the opponent / conditions.

We FU’d by putting ourselves in a position to play England at Edgbaston

1 Like

Damn, we’re truly f*cked now aren’t we, relying on a frail middle order. Only ourselves to blame tho.

1 Like

Be nice if it started belting down rain there now for the next 2 days.

2 Likes

What a tough c*nt Carey is. I reckon Paine is very, very lucky that’s he’s captain of the Test side because Carey has oodles more talent.

4 Likes

That is, & will be, the question.

I was wondering if we’d actually Won the toss after the first 3 overs.

Looks like he is the kind of guy to take well to Test cricket, made of the right stuff.

True, Carey is still a pup though right. Anyway, Paine has been overall great considering the cr@p Aus cricket has been through

I always think that batting first in a finals game is the way to go unless it’s a raging greentop. This is a quick, flat pitch and we’ve been undone by quality fast bowling. I don’t think there’s too much advantage either way, but the pressure of knockout matches can be telling. If we get 220 from here that’s still a total that can easily become a tough chase if we take some early wickets.

2 Likes

What has Paine really done to be considered great?
Modern wicket keepers need to be making runs, and Paine has not really had many of those.

I think baring a Stoinis score, this should be the last ODI game he plays. Since Auckland where he made 150 it’s barely been 20’s and 30’s since, with whatever wickets charity slog attempts off his bowling. Need to find a master of one trade or get a better allrounder.

1 Like