Cricket - The Ashes Tour, 2019

Yeah sounds like he did a hammy. Just rest him, our next few games are against Afghanistan,Sri Lankan and Australia. Just rest him and get him right for the business end of the tournament

Morgan had some back spasms but he should be fine to continue

Doh

Can’t be bothered moving it

Sri Lanka win the toss and will have a bowl.

NCN (sore) out for Behrendorff.

Usman either opens or comes in at 3 if they’re fair dinkum. We can’t have a situation where he and Marsh are batting at the death like the last match.

I’d like to see him open and Finch play a “floating” role but I doubt they’d do that.

1 Like

Jeeeeeeez lucky there finch

Finch looking sharp with 36 no from 32 Warner 20. Aus 0 for 60.

Finch playing well, Warner playing like it is a test match and he doesn’t have to score at all.

Playing more of an anchor role and when Finch is in this form why not

26 from 46 isn’t good enough against a team like England or India. He needs to score quicker than that whilst playing the anchor role.

1 Like

and out, poor stuff from Warner tonight

Good result. Falling asleep watching that innings

He can and will adjust accordingly. Wasn’t a great innings by any stretch today but it’s all about batting in partnerships

You do know that Australia were sent in, right? As Ace said, he didn’t need to go hard the way Finch was playing. He was playing for the team. An 80 run start from 16 is an excellent platform. He did his job.

2 Likes

We won’t know whether Warner played a good innings until both sides have batted

He probably also is worried about our garbage middle order and doesn’t want to expose them too early. He did struggle a bit but I’ll take an 80 run opening partnership off about 16 overs every day of the week

Not sure about that. They sent us in partly because of the cloud cover which is supposed to clear by the time they bat. They’re banking on it being easier to bat later on.

They’ve really pulled us back here, 2 wickets and finch seems like his timing is gone

We really need Finch to stick around and get a big one here. Things could get messy if he goes now.

Usman’s form is a massive concern

2 Likes

Finch is going off with the bat this over