Cricket thread - India in Australia (Part 1)

No surprise with NCN, but definitely Behrendorff shouldn’t be giving away the red ball game. I could see him being a success at Test level. Tall, left-armer, different bowler to Starc, he’s more your bang it into the wicket type.

The bowling pretty much picks itself. Now with Pattinson fit you’ve got genuine depth there with the pace bowling, Lyon is a great spinner. The batting is another matter. Smith and Labuschagne are the only ones guaranteed a spot. I’d say Travis Head should be in 1st Test of the summer. Unlucky to be dropped for the final Test given the struggles of others. Averaging 42, he’s had a decent start to his career. I’d have him pencilled in for #5. What we do with the openers and also #6 (Wade or M.Marsh) will be interesting to see…

Openers = Burns and Khawaja based on ■■■■ Warner

5 = Wade

6 = Patterson

Head (Middle-order) and Pucovski (Top/Middle) next in line.

Cummins and Hazlewood first picked quicks with Lyon the spinner

Pattinson 3rd seamer for the day games (Brisbane and Melbourne)

Starc 3rd seamer for the D/N games (Perth and Adelaide)

Richardson the reserve quick.

He is 29 and has had consistent injury issues. If that hasn’t been sorted by now it never will. It was a smart move by him and the right one.

India A and South Africa A…Jaapies surely taking the ■■■■…Markram, Philander and Ngidi in the side.

Both sides made 400+ in the first dig…Markram 160 odd.

1 Like

That Philander kid is a good up and coming talent.

1 Like

WA 386 v the Vics. Stoinis 101 off 58 with a 6 off last ball. Will Sutherland 1 for 101 off 10 overs.

Just realised you can watch it on Kayo, now over to that.

You can watch it for free on the CA app, and its also livestreaming on youtube.

why do they not have a camera at both ends of the ground?

Finch out for 33, Pucovski now in. Matt Short struggling badly (1 from 11 and almost all shots edges or misses).

Why would it be on Kayo and not Foxtel?

Kayo is dedicated to showing pretty much everything, Foxtel is limited to a few channels only so it restricts what they show.

Short’s tortured innings finally comes to an end. 16 (22) and not many clean shots.

Pucovski is such a great player to watch, very smooth.

BRING HIM IN

Handscomb duck

WA still has a stacked OD side. I’m tipping Phillipe to have a good series.

I like him, hope he comes on.

They’re showing replays of last year’s JLT games. I understood Foxtel owns Kayo.

They do but there are rights issues at play I believe from something I read. Weird but you know how it is.

Cricket Network gets the rights to this series, not Foxtel, but they are allowing Kayo to show their stream of it but Foxtel will not show it.

BOOOOOO

Pucovski out

Fair choke by Tassie.

Needed 5 runs to win with 5 wickets in hand. Lost by 1 run

2 Likes

Just looking at the highlights. Lost 4 wickets trying to smash their way to a bonus point. Then actually lost the game. Hilarious.

1 Like