Cricket thread - India in Australia (Part 1)

First couple of overs were good. Then the Tye over had 2 LBW shouts that were close, then a NB which then lead to a free hit 6 and they haven’t stopped scoring since.

Tye gets Rahul finally. 1/56 5.2 overs
Kohli comes in, he averages 50 in T20’s.

India chasing this down with ease at the moment

Swepson gets Sampson to hole out at long off. Run rate creeping up, Kohli is now the key. Get him out quick and they will fold. If he stays and plays to the end, India will win.

And just like that Sams gets Kohli, with a wide, short one that is well taken by Wade.

big last over coming up

not for us.

1 Like

Pandya delivers with two sixes. Good game.

yep - got away from Australia in those last 2 overs. Nature of T20.

Didn’t see the game but looking at the team lineup earlier today I’d have to say that is the worst bowling attack ever to have represented Australia in any form of the game. Most of those blokes are B/C graders

3 Likes

You did say a couple of days ago that the T20 should be used to blood younger players and that’s what we have done.

Tye is not up to international standard though, he may be ok in BBL but he gets found out too easily by the better players.

Abbott is junk.

Not sure why Zampa was the 6th bowler used, he’s better than that.

And stop classifying Maxwell as an all-rounder, he is not even close to being a bowler.

Yep, I did say it should be for the kids to get some experience. Tye is the most overrated cricketer currently in Australia and comes off the WA conveyor of trash cricketers, Abbott isn’t up to it and Sams is rubbish so just experiment with some younger quicks

1 Like

Unfortunately they are playing across the road from where i live playing Australia A …J Bird was very impressive!

1 Like

Besides the fact it was close, teams have two reviews now in T20, so when the opposition team’s best player is possibly out, of course you roll the dice. You’d still have a review in the bank and only 12 overs left. Kholi would have been silly not to have a go.

People forget how old Tye is because he only came on the scene so late. He’s 34 in a few days time. That’s quite old for a fast bowler. I’d say this is the last time we see him in Australian colours.

If he wasn’t from WA or NSW I would agree. But let’s face it, we will see him again.

Wondr what his international record is, doubt it would be a good one.

Are they over yet?

So Patto eh…

Starc is bowling utter rubbish…

1 Like

See that 3rd ODI lineup the other night?

That said, this far out from any meaningful tournament, happy to look at some new faces.

Aus A Tour match on now, Burns and Pucovski opening up to chase 248.

1 Like

New faces would be okay but what is new about Tye (34) and Henriques (33)? And why do they keep playing Abbott who is really not that good?

Swepson and Sams are okay to look at though.

Valid point. I just don’t have it in me to get too fussed about T20. And I see you’re getting your daily allowance of pointless argument from Cb!! :wink:

2 Likes