Cricket thread - India in Australia (Part 1)

Can we put pucovski in again?

Wade is exactly what I canā€™t stand about the concept of modern test batting. Thereā€™s a time and place for opening the shoulders and going for quick runs. Absolutely no need to go the full Boycott either. Itā€™s all about partnerships, grinding down a bowling attack.

If you prevent an outfield from getting wickets, hope dwindles, heads drop, mistakes can creep in.

2 Likes

If Smith goes now, then thereā€™s real trouble.

at least Green is a patient player - with Smith in and playing well he should try hard to stick around and help Smith and thatā€™ll help him as well

As I said when they announced the team, this is a very weak middle order. Hopefully Green can settle in and prove himself.

basically, yep. heā€™s not a test cricketer. short form? absolutely. but not test

1 Like

Is there anyone else though? I mean, we were talking about getting Shaun Marsh back into the team, thatā€™s how bad we are.

Wade needed to hang in there and try to protect Green and the tail from the new ball

3 Likes

Yes he did, and he has shown he can do it occasionally, but the reality is he should not be the start of your middle order, he will expose it far too often as he doesnā€™t have the temperament to settle in for long periods and to read the game correctly.

There was absolutely no reason why he came out trying to hit every ball for four in this innings, the game didnā€™t need quick runs or domination, we were settled and dominating already and scoring well.

Bingo!
He was trying to cash in on that old ball

Looked to me that both Wade & Warner fell to a BB batting mindset/mentality.

Need to only promote Batsmen to Test side on Shield form, with no BB being played for a Month prior to wash it out of their systems. Fk the Hit & Giggle.

Indian players not doing any short form during (or prior to?) Tests.

Donā€™t think either Wade or Warner have played BBL this season?

A few of the Indian players played IPL though I believe.

1 Like

Giving Jadeja two wickets is poor cricket, regardless of the match position.

Again, Green is looking solid but not able to place the ball into gaps. He needs to stay patient, and so does Smith.

Little harder against the new ball and the bowling has tightened.

crappppp

that was burns esque from green, just tried to survive

yep, while he has some ability, he doesnā€™t look to score and just seems to want to survive

Interested to see the height there.

Looked plumb

ā– ā– ā– ā–  it. Kid was digging in real hard there.

On you Matt Wade you ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  clown.

2 Likes