Crowdfunding of an appeal

I think I’ll put up the money I would normally have spent on my membership. If a few of us do that, it would get a fighting fund off to a flying start.

I would consider funding a pitch invasion...must be nimble and able to dodge security for an entertaining length of time...and take a hard-hitting sign.

Just organise as many people as possible to storm the field after essendon kick a goal. If enough run on, and urge others to follow, a pack mentality will sweep the ground and heaps of people will join for sh!ts and giggles.

Security will be powerless if hundreds or even thousands get involved.

I would consider funding a pitch invasion...must be nimble and able to dodge security for an entertaining length of time...and take a hard-hitting sign.

Just organise as many people as possible to storm the field after essendon kick a goal. If enough run on, and urge others to follow, a pack mentality will sweep the ground and heaps of people will join for sh!ts and giggles.

Security will be powerless if hundreds or even thousands get involved.

Round 8 against Tin Rattlers - let’s do this

Same issue I’d have with continuing to give EFC any money.

Recent history suggests, however good their intentions, they’ll make some crucial decision (not taking on the AFL at court, using AFLPA lawyers) that knackers them before they begin.

Don’t put this website’s name on it.

With all due respect to the injustice the players have been put through. I think the AFLPA can support this if this is the route the players choose to go down.

Better off writing to the clubs sponsors thanking them for support, whatever local politicians you have asking for them to take it further. It’s free and you could probably have done it by the time you read this post.

Following on from a post last weekend about Crowdfunding for the 34 players to assist with any legal costs to run an appeal, I have seen another email to AFLPA to suggest establishing a fund for either a Court Appeal or Overseas Training.
It has been suggested that if the AFLPA don’t want to be involved (the are unable to be involved then an account linked to one of the more affluent Essendon Supporter Groups could be established
I do not have the email or phone contacts to make this happen outside the email address on the AFLPA site.
If anyone has contacts that would be useful I would be happy to make calls or send more emails.
Given the nature of the bans I am aware we can not go via the Essendon FC as the club is very limited in what support the players can officially receive.
Anyway tell what you think.

Hi AFLPA

I noticed in the media that there is a suggestion that some of the banned players train overseas.
Additionally it might be complexes for either the clubs or the AFLPA to support funding.

Following on from posts on Facebook last weekend it is clear that there is a lot of Essendon supporters who want a way to show direct support to the players.

Consequently I propose that the crowdfunding account I mentioned in my first email be established to assists with either a court appeal or overseas training.

I am mindful of ensuring governance in regards to any money donated and that it gets placed into a trusted account.
As a Governing Councillor of the CPSU I am only too aware the significant that this proposed fund not only is totally above board it also needs to be seen to be above board.

Oh dear

Oh dear

Why keep coming into this thread if you only intend to contribute negatively?

It’s pretty obvious pj is sincere in his efforts to help.

Oh dear

For the lols.

Oh dear

'boots identity revealed

Richard Ings
‏@ringsau

Extract from Aurora’s notes:

Oh dear …
Embedded image permalink

Richard Ings
‏@ringsau

@auskadi

Oh dear …

Richard Ings
‏@ringsau

@auskadi

Oh dear …

We all know boot is Steven Spielberg.

Can’t we assemble our own training team from blitz members?

Specifically can I be Hurley’s hairline coach.

An issue was raised with me about the potential crowdfunding and if would have an effect on the clubs Salary Cap. Consequently, I wrote via email to Kevin Dickson who is the CFO and his reply is as below: I can also confirm that the AFLPA have received my email. I will hold off any further action to I get a reply from both parties

KD: I have requested some advice from the AFL on your proposal and will revert when they have had a chance to consider and respond.

Don't put this website's name on it.

If the crowdfunding goes ahead, I would seek approval from admins if their site can be mentioned as supporting the campaign.

Don't put this website's name on it.

If the crowdfunding goes ahead, I would seek approval from admins if their site can be mentioned as supporting the campaign.

Lol. The owner just told you not too.

Paul…your ideas I’m sure, come from a good place. Some things however are not all about money. Perhaps let’s wait and see how the appeal/non appeal pans out.

There are many other ways to show support for these players …see CJ’s thread.

In my opinion, the players have many financial resources available to them, once again , just my opinion, what I would most like is for them to have a strong United club to return to.

Perhaps, for now, we should focus on that.

Whilst the admins run the site, it’s Riolio who owns it and he seems to be less than keen for your idea. At this point in time I tend to agree with him.

Oh dear

For teh lulz.

Fixed.

Paul.....your ideas I'm sure, come from a good place. Some things however are not all about money. Perhaps let's wait and see how the appeal/non appeal pans out.

There are many other ways to show support for these players …see CJ’s thread.

In my opinion, the players have many financial resources available to them, once again , just my opinion, what I would most like is for them to have a strong United club to return to.

Perhaps, for now, we should focus on that.

Whilst the admins run the site, it’s Riolio who owns it and he seems to be less than keen for your idea. At this point in time I tend to agree with him.

I am fine with whatever decision the admins or owner of this site makes. And I will respect that decision.
Maybe some can explain about the ownership bit. i.e. does Riolio own the domain name Bomberblitz or has some other form of ownership?

At this stage there are a few obstacles to overcome before any crowdfund was started. As for the reason why I am pushing the crowdfund there are 2 main reason. 1) The players will have costs that were not expected when agreeing to their contracts. This to me seems unfair, they are being penalised enough by not being able to train or be around the club, I don’t think they should be further penalised in regards to money when I am many others feel they are innocent
2) A crowdfunding account allows many members to do something that is tangible. I accept there are other ways to show support to the players, but nothing show how committed you are to give that support like handing over your own money.
If you want to assist the club as we all do, then get a membership, buy merchandise and attend functions. But none of these activities will directly effect the players.
This a small way to say where prepared to give up some of our money and have personal meaning in why someone would donate.

I know that not everyone will agree with me, that’s fine, we all are allowed our own opinion. For my part if the crowdfund starts I will promote as wide as I can and ask supporters to do the same. I will commit what money I can afford, and after taking it over with my wife I think about $200 from my family will be a start.
For those that don’t support this activity it not going to effect you so don’t read the posts if you feel offended.