Crowdfunding of an appeal

I would much rather commit my money to this effort than spend it on a membership that supports a club hierarchy that failed our players and our champion coach at every turn, and supports a game whose bosses are nothing but reprehensible, immoral, self-serving turds. God-speed pj. :slight_smile:

Don't put this website's name on it.

If the crowdfunding goes ahead, I would seek approval from admins if their site can be mentioned as supporting the campaign.

You would be better to discuss this issue with the various Coteries.

Part of comment made by Bruce Francis about the board having done nothing in defence of players post CAS decision.

The board could ask three top silks to dissect the CAS document. If they all agree that it was a disgraceful decision, the board could place a full page ad in the Herald Sun containing the silks' views

The players/club can pay for the appeal

But perhaps the fans can crowdfund something like the above to get behind getting the message out into public domain about the injustice of the decision which certainly isn’t happening at present.

The right hands? The AFLPA?

Really?

Needs to be someone supporters will trust to correctly use the money raised. If you have an alternative group/person other than ALFPA I am happy to hear.

Hirdy ?

Paul.....your ideas I'm sure, come from a good place. Some things however are not all about money. Perhaps let's wait and see how the appeal/non appeal pans out.

There are many other ways to show support for these players …see CJ’s thread.

In my opinion, the players have many financial resources available to them, once again , just my opinion, what I would most like is for them to have a strong United club to return to.

Perhaps, for now, we should focus on that.

Whilst the admins run the site, it’s Riolio who owns it and he seems to be less than keen for your idea. At this point in time I tend to agree with him.

I am fine with whatever decision the admins or owner of this site makes. And I will respect that decision.
Maybe some can explain about the ownership bit. i.e. does Riolio own the domain name Bomberblitz or has some other form of ownership?

At this stage there are a few obstacles to overcome before any crowdfund was started. As for the reason why I am pushing the crowdfund there are 2 main reason. 1) The players will have costs that were not expected when agreeing to their contracts. This to me seems unfair, they are being penalised enough by not being able to train or be around the club, I don’t think they should be further penalised in regards to money when I am many others feel they are innocent
2) A crowdfunding account allows many members to do something that is tangible. I accept there are other ways to show support to the players, but nothing show how committed you are to give that support like handing over your own money.
If you want to assist the club as we all do, then get a membership, buy merchandise and attend functions. But none of these activities will directly effect the players.
This a small way to say where prepared to give up some of our money and have personal meaning in why someone would donate.

I know that not everyone will agree with me, that’s fine, we all are allowed our own opinion. For my part if the crowdfund starts I will promote as wide as I can and ask supporters to do the same. I will commit what money I can afford, and after taking it over with my wife I think about $200 from my family will be a start.
For those that don’t support this activity it not going to effect you so don’t read the posts if you feel offended.

Ok so lets say we crowd fund, lets say the players win, then the players leave. As a fan i’d be annoyed at the players and at the club. To me it’s time for the club to go beyond accepting responsibility and actually fixing up the mess for the players and the fans.

I don’t want apologies I want this to be fixed, for the players and the fans.

Bad News: We cannot go ahead with the Crowdfunding without it effecting the clubs salary cap.
Unfortunately, the funding plan cannot now go ahead, unless the AFLPA can provide an alternative.
Below is an email from Kevin Dixon CFO of Essendon FC and my reply.

KD: The AFL have advised that these payments would be considered payments to associates in paid to players, and hence affect our salary cap position.

PY: Thank you for your reply.
It is rather disappointing individuals can not choose to give some money to a cause that has no direct relationship with the club.
After all, we were not asking any assistance from the club.
Having said that, I won’t go ahead with anything that would adversely affect the club.

I have included Lindsay Tanner in this email reply so he can take to the Board that many members are unhappy and want to take some practical action. Paying our Essendon membership, making a comment on a social medial site and waiting for a video statement from the club is just not enough.

I am also including the AFLPA in the hope they have can come up with a way that individual people can give practical support to the 34 players. It seems to me that if a lot of individuals happened to put money into their bank account it should not affect anyone’s salary cap. Anyway I will wait for their reply.

Bad News: We cannot go ahead with the Crowdfunding without it effecting the clubs salary cap. Unfortunately, the funding plan cannot now go ahead, unless the AFLPA can provide an alternative. Below is an email from Kevin Dixon CFO of Essendon FC and my reply.

KD: The AFL have advised that these payments would be considered payments to associates in paid to players, and hence affect our salary cap position.

It is rather disappointing individuals can not choose to give some money to a cause that has no direct relationship with the club.
Having said that, I won’t go ahead with anything that would adversely affect the club.

I have included Lindsay Tanner in this email reply so he can take to the Board that many members are unhappy and want to take some practical action. Paying our Essendon membership, making a comment on a social medial site and waiting for a video statement from the club is just not enough.

I am also including the AFLPA in the hope they have can come up with a way that individual people can give practical support to the 34 players. It seems to me that if a lot of individuals happened to put money into their bank account it should not affect anyone’s salary cap. Anyway I will wait for their reply.

Thanks Paul, this brings up a significant issue of why the EFC itself can’t fund the players appealing even if they want to. I will expand on this in the saga thread (if I can drag your quote across).

Bad News: We cannot go ahead with the Crowdfunding without it effecting the clubs salary cap. Unfortunately, the funding plan cannot now go ahead, unless the AFLPA can provide an alternative. Below is an email from Kevin Dixon CFO of Essendon FC and my reply.

RAVEN - Affect - Verb; Effect - Noun

Anyway that is all bullshit. Crowfunding is crowdfunding. Not Essendon salary cap funding. Go ahead and start your own fund and make it independent of Essendon, AFLPA and AFL etc… ain’t nothing the AFL can do about it.

From everything I have been able to discern…Crowdfunding an appeal for the players DOES come under the TPP (much like a coterie paying a player an extra $200k to stay at the club would).

Even worse, down that path may even cause the players suspensions to be reset setting them and the club back another 2 years.

Nice gesture but it’s now time to move on.

Recipe for these sorts of things is to actually research before announcing.
Half arsed Facebook plays help nobody.
Do the homework first to see if the idea is actually feasible.

From everything I have been able to discern..Crowdfunding an appeal for the players DOES come under the TPP (much like a coterie paying a player an extra $200k to stay at the club would).

Even worse, down that path may even cause the players suspensions to be reset setting them and the club back another 2 years.

I’m not in favour of the crowd-funding idea, but if this is the case; and I don’t for one minute doubt your research that it is the case, then the AFL is even more ■■■■■■ up than I thought.

So if I slip Hibbererered a ten dollar note, or shout Crameri a drink, or pay for Myers’ bus fare, then technically that is breaking the TPP?!?!?!?!

What we should all do in that case, is do some crowd-funding for some Faurk Carlton. BLITZERS! NOW IS THE TIME TO DIG DEEP!

Wait, better yet, by far: let’s all crowd fund for Patrick Ryder’s appeal!!

From everything I have been able to discern..Crowdfunding an appeal for the players DOES come under the TPP (much like a coterie paying a player an extra $200k to stay at the club would).

I’m not in favour of the crowd-funding idea, but if this is the case; and I don’t for one minute doubt your research that it is the case, then the AFL is even more ■■■■■■ up than I thought.

So if I slip Hibbererered a ten dollar note, or shout Crameri a drink, or pay for Myers’ bus fare, then technically that is breaking the TPP?!?!?!?!

What we should all do in that case, is do some crowd-funding for some Faurk Carlton. BLITZERS! NOW IS THE TIME TO DIG DEEP!

Wait, better yet, by far: let’s all crowd fund for Patrick Ryder’s appeal!!

I like your thinking! I’m in.

Lindsay Tanner was good enough to reply to my email last night.
His reply has given me hope that there will be opportunities for members to contribute (hopefully including self-organised efforts).
However first the club has to wade through the very technical do’s and don’ts.
As for crowdfunding by raising the option it has now illuminated another issue that can be factored in to what is a very complex situation.
So while some may choose to suggest I should of research all the likely outcomes before posting, I disagree if only because it got supporters / members and the club considering options that may not of consider before.

Thanks Paul, this brings up a significant issue of why the EFC itself can’t fund the players appealing even if they want to. I will expand on this in the saga thread (if I can drag your quote across).

Just another way the awful control players lives

I’m sorry, I’ll support the players in numerous other ways, but as a single income family of 6, I reckon that when a rookie listed player earn $25K a year more than I do, the AFLPA, ALF, EFC and the players on several hundred grand a year can pony up for the legal fees for any appeal before me.

great idea. I hope they appeal but my gut says they have all just had enough and want to move on.

Let’s just hope we can get a couple of the players to stay.

just no.

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiister Crowley.

Can we crowdfund the engagement of Anonymous to “investigate” the relevant parties (including EFC) get to the bottom of this?

Can we crowdfund the engagement of Anonymous to "investigate" the relevant parties (including EFC) get to the bottom of this?
As long as anonymous isn't called Ziggy.