Damian Cupido

Hi guys, not sure if you’re interested or not but I recently interviewed former Bomber Damian Cupido about his time in the AFL, his regrets and his post-AFL career. Feel free to have a listen.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=q3BzOfxYvYw

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/laceoutfooty/

1 Like

Comes into my work lots. Big boy.

Amazingly talented footballer and cricketer. Many people would give an arm and a leg to have the natural talent that he wasted. Stupido Cupido.
You could have a good AFL career with half of the talent he wasted. Played plenty of junior footy against him and saw first hand how freakish he was.

Perhaps having drive and motivation is a talent?

39 goals in his first year. Now we can’t get anyone to kick 39 over two seasons.

Devastating result of someone with all the skill set and potential , but attitude was not in the right place.

The memory I have of him is Hird grabbing him in a cuddle yet headlock and having to get his head right in that freo Final.

Roll up Roll up, win yourself a cupidoll

Hate these random thread titles. Thought he’d topped himself of something horrible.

I thought it was a WSPHU thread

…really was that good.
sigh

■■■ that ■■■■ when he kicked 5 on an Anzac day…I thought we had one.

Went from a Marlin to a blind Mullet very quickly.

The fish that never was…

Not sighted. Rarely if ever gets a kick… Delist.

I thought it was a WSPHU thread

It still can be.

■■■ that ■■■■ when he kicked 5 on an Anzac day....I thought we had one...

Was robbed of the medal. I don’t care if Hird won it.

So so much talent

Was at the Elimination Final in 2003 v the Dockers at Subi when he helped turn the match just before half-time after a slow start and Hirdy firing him up.

Frustrating waste of talent he was.

Was at the Elimination Final in 2003 v the Dockers at Subi when he helped turn the match just before half-time after a slow start and Hirdy firing him up.

Kicked 2 goals in the 3rd that near enough sealed the game, one on his left boot and one on his right. If I recall, freo were coming hard in the 3rd and that killed their momentum and we were home from there.

Amazingly talented footballer and cricketer. Many people would give an arm and a leg to have the natural talent that he wasted. Stupido Cupido.

Kicked 2 goals in the 3rd that near enough sealed the game, one on his left boot and one on his right. If I recall, freo were coming hard in the 3rd and that killed their momentum and we were home from there.

I was there and that is exactly how I remember it!

Hi guys, not sure if you're interested or not but I recently interviewed former Bomber Damian Cupido about his time in the AFL, his regrets and his post-AFL career. Feel free to have a listen.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=q3BzOfxYvYw

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/laceoutfooty/

Thanks for that. It was interesting. Sounds like he has it all together. Good to hear.

Yeah I remember that game - was about the last final we won (sad face emoji)
Didn’t Rioli kick a miracle goal from the boundary that night too trickled across the line like he had it on string
Although I never really understood that term cos if he had it on a string he’d pull the ball back towards him …?

Him and Rioli would have to be the most naturally talented guys we have had in the last 20 years. Such a shame that neither had the application to make it and have long AFL careers.