Daniel Cross

WSPHU

Like-for-like replacement for Watson in the event of (touch wood) injury

Would add much needed depth

Too old. End thread.

He's 30 years old!!

Not the kind of guy that you want if you're in rebuild mode, but we're in premiership mode now aren't we?

Will play AFL next year.

I doubt it will be with us though

Skills not up to standard for modern game. Good team man but not what we need

We should definitely consider a backup to Watson. Is Cross the best available? Who knows.

I’m not expecting any young “best available” picks for us. We will pick to fill holes in our list.

I think Cross would be a good tagger...would release Hocking to do more damage as a midfielder.  Cross is very accountable and tough and would run all day with most other mid-fielders.

Dont think we need him but wouldnt be a bad back up as a Mature age rookie for a couple years

Cross' kicking makes Boyd look elite.

No, his skills are crap. Chappy on the other hand i would take in a heartbeat if Geelong decide they don’t want him.

He is hoping GWS pick him up..

But I hear he has a "back up" plan with an MPNFL side in 2014.... It's amazing what a kitchen renovation can get you   ;)

NO! Can’t kick, has got slower than the already non existent pace he had and he now make poor decisions by hand.

No, his skills are crap. Chappy on the other hand i would take in a heartbeat if Geelong decide they don't want him.

I think you can almost put a fork in Chappy.

No, his skills are crap. Chappy on the other hand i would take in a heartbeat if Geelong decide they don't want him.

yep they are both finished. Chappy has only played what 6 odd games this year.Cross is finished. They could both get a game at Game at GWS or Melbourne but that's about it. You just can't have guys on your list that are either slow and can't kick or only play a handful of games each year

Cross' kicking makes Boyd look elite.

Wow, a yaco zinger. Not something you see everyday, and a good one at that.

Cross is slow and can't kick, you don't recruit players like that just on the chance another player (singular) might be injured. If that player is so important as to warrant thoughts about a back up just for them then all that means is you need more quality players in that position (and we do need more genuinely classy and creative inside players but Cross isn't the answer).

At his age and abilities, Cross is the definition of a list clogger.

love his work at the Dogs but no.

WSPHU

Like-for-like replacement for Watson in the event of (touch wood) injury

Would add much needed depth

Just what we need, seeing as how we are out of the first draft rounds for the next two years. lf he still available late in the draft you might consider him, but he is not what we need going forward.

yep they are both finished. Chappy has only played what 6 odd games this year.Cross is finished. They could both get a game at Game at GWS or Melbourne but that's about it. You just can't have guys on your list that are either slow and can't kick or only play a handful of games each year

Chappy can still play. If he has an injury free run (big if) he will add a lot of value to our team.

how-about-no-bruce-lee.gif

Chappy can still play. If he has an injury free run (big if) he will add a lot of value to our team.

Not the ideal fit for our situation. We need players we can get more than a year or two at the max out of. l would look for players no older than 27. We are going to need to get some mileage out of these players.