Dank's dilemma

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/dank-ignores-asada-request-for-explanation/story-fnca0u4y-1226859585472#

Dank ignores ASADA request for explanation

SPORT scientist Stephen Dank has refused to respond to a formal notice from anti-doping authorities accusing him of trafficking, administering and possessing banned peptides and human growth hormones while working at Essendon and the Gold Coast.

A 10-day window provided by anti-doping laws for Dank to respond to a lengthy notice warning of 34 potential anti-doping violations while working for the two AFL clubs expires today.

The Australian understands neither Dank nor his lawyers are intending to make any submissions to the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority.

Dank‘s name will now almost certainly be added to ASADA‘s Register of Findings, which would compel the AFL to issue an infraction notice.

The preliminary legal showdown in the high-profile case is likely to be before the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, where Dank has the right to seek a review of any decision to add him to the register.

The allegations against Dank are the most serious brought by anti-doping authorities against any athlete, coach or support person in Australia.

A guilty finding on one count of trafficking a banned substance can result in a lifetime ban from sport. Dank is facing multiple allegations of trafficking, possession and administering a range of banned substances and a further allegation of attempting to cover up his use of peptides.

The substances named in the ASADA notice include Hexarelin, which Dank has publicly admitted supplying to Essendon coaches, CJC1295, which conditioning coach Dean Robinson self-injected while working with Dank at the Gold Coast, human growth hormone, which Dank supplied to Robinson for use by a “close friend”, SARM 22 used by a volunteer Essendon staff member and Thymosin Beta-4.

How can the AFL issue an infraction notice to someone who no longer works in the AFL?

How can the AFL issue an infraction notice to someone who no longer works in the AFL?

Has there ever been a suggestion that you can't?

In further news, Ronnie Andrews was suspended by the AFL on (VHS) video evidence for a behind the play incident involving David McLeish of South Melbourne in 1978.

I dont give a FARK

Thought with Robinson and Dank was AFL were powerless as they weren't still hired by Essendon.

At least they mentioned Gold Coast

ASADA's please explain to Dank is a fishing expedition.  The judge that has gone in to close the investigation has seen a big hole in the whole saga in that the central figure was not even interviewed.  For completeness an interview via a show cause has been sought. I don't believe any infraction notioce will be issued because neither ASADA or the AFL want a day in court.  Whether the AFL can issue an infraction notice against an ex employee/contractor is another issue.

Dank also provides drugs to non sports people for completely different purposes.  ASADA knows this and will be unable to hang him on that basis.

Thought with Robinson and Dank was AFL were powerless as they weren't still hired by Essendon.

Wasn't that in relation to ASADA interviews?

Not sure this relates. It would be pretty easy to just leave a sport once you got a show cause to avoid ever being prosecuted.

Chip either works hard to get his stories or is respected by some parties to this issue and they approach him for a fair representation. If the AFL issues an infraction notice to Dank and ends up in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal that should go someway to getting the real story out, and if they don’t, at least Essendon supporters will have confirmation the AFL played a dirty game.

Chip either works hard to get his stories or is respected by some parties to this issue and they approach him for a fair representation. If the AFL issues an infraction notice to Dank and ends up in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal that should go someway to getting the real story out, and if they don't, at least Essendon supporters will have confirmation the AFL played a dirty game.

Do we need more confirmation of that?

Chip either works hard to get his stories or is respected by some parties to this issue and they approach him for a fair representation. If the AFL issues an infraction notice to Dank and ends up in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal that should go someway to getting the real story out, and if they don't, at least Essendon supporters will have confirmation the AFL played a dirty game.

Do we need more confirmation of that?

Beat me to it.  No.

I don't think this is going to proceed the way some of you are hoping it will proceed.

Which way's the tide going?

I want Dank to get smashed hard to for all he has done. But this won't happen. Let's just move on.

I don't think this is going to proceed the way some of you are hoping it will proceed.

How is it going to proceed? 

Dank probably the only one that has played the game right in this investigation, no kangaroo courts for me buddy I will see you in the Federal.

We just need the closure of the investigation (due at the end of April) and then we can sit back and enjoy the ride.  ASADA had nothing (for infractions) at the interim report stage and have received nothing since.  Dank wont talk to them and even if they were to attempt to force him to tal the court actions would go beyond 30 April.  The investigation is done and dusted and no infractions will be coming.

Let's get on with winning the premiership !

What have you got to say now Mr Demetriou?

I'm hoping it doesn't proceed AT ALL. If it was 6 months ago that this happened then I'd be rubbing my hands together hoping that it would end up in a Federal court and the real truth would come out and Dank would be a hero, Essendon would get their name cleared and all would be well with the world. But our ■■■■■■■ season starts tomorrow night and this bullshit is still going and it's a drainer. GO AWAY!