#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I call BS.

Parish had an excellent year. But at this stage of the pre-season last year, all the lads were still onboard. No suspensions. So why would Parish have completed 50% more work at the start of last year than any of the draftees this year? Particularly when Clarke is an endurance beast and McGrath as close as you get to a professional athlete.

Maybe something has been lost in translation?

Not BS. Parish lived on a farm and helped out his old man a lot doing heavy lifting for quite a few years, hay bales, sheep, wool bales ( sitting in a tractor as well ) but he came to the club in superb shape. His capacity for work was and is higher than some of the other boys.

I call BS.

Parish had an excellent year. But at this stage of the pre-season last year, all the lads were still onboard. No suspensions. So why would Parish have completed 50% more work at the start of last year than any of the draftees this year? Particularly when Clarke is an endurance beast and McGrath as close as you get to a professional athlete.

Maybe something has been lost in translation?

Everyone is different. That is in keeping with what was being said about him last pre-season too.

Itā€™s a toss up.

Itā€™s a flip of the coin really.

Iā€™m on the fence about this.

Cā€™mon guysā€¦ Five fourths of people donā€™t understand fractions.

6-7kgs ain't Mutch

I can put that much on just going out to an all you can eat buffet.

I didnā€™t think Iā€™d see the Parish thread descend into puns about fractions. Quite improper.

Weā€™re really appealing to the lowest common denominator now.

I didn't think I'd see the Parish thread descend into puns about fractions. Quite improper.

Weā€™re really appealing to the lowest common denominator now.

No need to be irrational about it though.

This is a prime example of what is wrong with a number of threads ATM.

This is a prime example of what is wrong with a number of threads ATM.

I know itā€™s a complex issue, but your fears are imaginary. These threads are integral to Blitz.

I noted that Bluey wanted to use Darcy predominantly as an outside mid this year. I am not so sure. He has very very good hands and vision and is not so good overhead. He is a better inside player than outside imo. The kid is only 19. Maybe they just dont want him inside packs at stoppages so much at this stage.

I noted that Bluey wanted to use Darcy predominantly as an outside mid this year. I am not so sure. He has very very good hands and vision and is not so good overhead. He is a better inside player than outside imo. The kid is only 19. Maybe they just dont want him inside packs at stoppages so much at this stage.

Concur. Fast hands, fast handballs = inside

Daisy

Why did Daisy Thomas get Daisy,

Was their another Daisy before Williams

Geez he gets himself to good attacking positions though.
Hey, whoā€™s that ten metres inside and completely clear?
Parish.
Itā€™s Parish.
Now if we could look up and maybe give him the ball this yearā€¦

Heā€™d have to go past one of Jobe, Heppell and Myers as an inside player to be picked for it first. Or, maybe the roles get shared a lot more which wouldnā€™t make him predominantly an inside player anyway. Canā€™t see a problem with letting him use his other talents around the ground at this age and letting him work on those while the older guys keep doing what they do best.

Bow, strings, etc.

Geez he gets himself to good attacking positions though.
Hey, whoā€™s that ten metres inside and completely clear?
Parish.
Itā€™s Parish.
Now if we could look up and maybe give him the ball this yearā€¦

If you watch Parish through contested work his off ball attitude is beast mode, he doesnā€™t just fight for the ball but heā€™ll shove off other players for that extra metre bit of pace to get 5 metres ahead to create an option. Will even do this multiple times over contests that go over 20 to 30 metres in packs, he stays moving at a faster pace off the ball than most players a lot like McG in his highlights.

He Is a gut runner, will have no trouble playing more outside this year.

Because he has to push his way past beast inside midfielders with seasoned bodies in Watson, Heppell, Myers, Hocking etc. and even a younger but much larger unit in Langford. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll gradually work his way in there over the next few years, but why rush a small young body at this stage?

And as much as having the luxury to protect his young body is available to us this year, I think it appears to be more about having class ball users on the outside of the packs, with Zerrett and Zaka training less of an inside role than last year. Either way Iā€™m sure his fast hands will get plenty of workout throughout the season.