#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

l don’t believe Parish is getting the amount of respect on here, that he deserves. Thus guy will tear it up this year. Will rip a new one for a few teams.

Will be interesting to see the impact he can have being fed by watto, hep and co

It’ll be very interesting watches all these mids link with our outside runners and forwards.
It’ll be just as interesting watching who gets tagged and how they cope.
It’ll be more than interesting watching our outside runners linking up with the forwards. Then there’s the small forwards too.

The last time we had a great set of mids was 16-17 years ago, and they were severely underrated. I can’t see this mob being underrated.

It’s the attitude that will be the big thing.

We will have a lot of guys running onto the field each week with a touch of “white line fever”. Go through the 22 and just about each and every bloke will be desperate to be a winner.

Parish not the least of these.

It's the attitude that will be the big thing.

We will have a lot of guys running onto the field each week with a touch of “white line fever”. Go through the 22 and just about each and every bloke will be desperate to be a winner.

Parish not the least of these.

All true but what we do need to avoid is 22 players all playing for themselves. Assists, tackles and 1% ers should be rewarded as much as a " look at me" run from the HBF to the 50 metre arc when considering players for selection.

My order for Mids at present are:

1. Watson
  2. Heppell
  3. Zerrett
  4. Zaka
  5. Hocking
  6. Myers
  7. Parish
  8. Goddard
  9. Stanton

IMHO by the end of 2017 Hepp and Zerrett will be 1/2 and Parish will be 4.

By the end of 2018 Parish will be number 1.

And I think Hepp is a ■■■■■■■ massive superstar. Zerrett is a freak, but I see something incredibly special in the way Parish plays.

Watson is already declining I reckon. He can’t be our best mid.

Hepp, Zerrett, Zaka needs to be better than Jobe for us to get inside the 8.

Watson is already declining I reckon.

Well then you can join the league this year in being reminded of just how great of a footballer Jobe is.

Watson is already declining I reckon.

Well then you can join the league this year in being reminded of just how great of a footballer Jobe is.

Watson plays the same role as Mitchell. Being slow doesnt matter if you win the ball in the centre. Plus he sets up good clearances when he fishes the ball out rather than average blind kicks forward to the opposition. Jobe will have a point to prove.

I don’t reckon Parish is a lock for being in our best side. Every time I’ve had a crack at the best 22 I’ve had him on the bench at best. That was usually more to do with getting games into him because of his potential. If he’s tidied up his kicking over the off season then he will definitely play most weeks

I don't reckon Parish is a lock for being in our best side. Every time I've had a crack at the best 22 I've had him on the bench at best. That was usually more to do with getting games into him because of his potential. If he's tidied up his kicking over the off season then he will definitely play most weeks

Surely a joke?

1 Like
Considering McGrath hasn't played a game, that's a classic blitz call lol

McGrath = 0 touches

I don't reckon Parish is a lock for being in our best side. Every time I've had a crack at the best 22 I've had him on the bench at best. That was usually more to do with getting games into him because of his potential. If he's tidied up his kicking over the off season then he will definitely play most weeks

Surely a joke?

I can’t really disagree with him. Has potential to be in our top few mids in the future but he will be playing in only his 2nd season next year competing with a hell of a lot of fit, seasoned experienced and very hungry midfielders wanting to prove a point. I’ve included him in all of my best 22 teams on the bench but it wouldn’t surprise me the slightest if he is pushed out by someone else.

If you include one HB flanker, one HF flanker and the bench you probably have about 11 available midfield slots in the team.

Watson
Heppell
Zerrett
Zaka
Stanton
Goddard
Kelly
Colyer

Are the 8 definitely picked before Parish. Parish would slot into the next group of players competing for those last 3 spots.

Parish
Myers (IMO almost definitely ahead of him, some disagree)
Langford
Hocking
Howlett
Bird
Laverde
And probably someone else I’ve missed.

So yeah my point is he’s not a lock. Will go a long way in becoming a regular by improving his kicking and overall outside game to complement his class ballwinning skills and hard running spread. Getting that facet to a good level will put him ahead of slower more one dimensional players Bird, Hocking, Howlett, etc.

A lock for the bench I think because he has a bit of zip and can play both inside and outside mid.

For that reason he would likely get games ahead of some others who may be more one dimensional in their play.

Was phenomenal for a first year player, and only going to improve again.

I’d pick Parish ahead of Stanton every day of the week if we want to go forward as a club.

My order for Mids at present are:
  1. Watson
  2. Heppell
  3. Zerrett
  4. Zaka
  5. Hocking
  6. Myers
  7. Parish
  8. Goddard
  9. Stanton

IMHO by the end of 2017 Hepp and Zerrett will be 1/2 and Parish will be 4.

By the end of 2018 Parish will be number 1.

And I think Hepp is a ■■■■■■■ massive superstar. Zerrett is a freak, but I see something incredibly special in the way Parish plays.

I think zerretts 2016 season in the middle was better than any season that heppell has had as a full-time midfielder and his only 21 years old. Just my opinion though i think zerrett is the next Sam Mitchell.

Also myers a better mid than goddard i don’t agree with, he hasn’t really proven much at all over his career and again i don’t think he has had one season in his career better than any of goddards.

It will be interesting to see how Woosha handles this. If he is looking a couple of years ahead and a real shot at the flag, surely Parish gets picked ahead of some of the older players. Not saying he is gifted games, his first year showed he earns them on merit, but if he is on level pegging with some of the suspended players he should get priority in terms of long term plans. If they think there is a genuine tilt this year, then maybe that changes selection strategy.

Mitchell has never had that manic defensive ability that Zerrett has. Will be a better all around player IMO

I’d love to see him sign a new contract sooner rather than later.

Mitchell has never had that manic defensive ability that Zerrett has. Will be a better all around player IMO

Yep and I also think Zach has the advantage of being more dangerous around goal and kicking more of them.