#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I think in order for the club to move forward, we let Yaco pick the team.

I reckon you all get your best 22 wastes of time and who you think is best & where they should play & pointless midfield order lists back where they belong.

Darcy Parish thread ffs.

I don't reckon Parish is a lock for being in our best side. Every time I've had a crack at the best 22 I've had him on the bench at best. That was usually more to do with getting games into him because of his potential. If he's tidied up his kicking over the off season then he will definitely play most weeks

Surely a joke?

I canā€™t really disagree with him. Has potential to be in our top few mids in the future but he will be playing in only his 2nd season next year competing with a hell of a lot of fit, seasoned experienced and very hungry midfielders wanting to prove a point. Iā€™ve included him in all of my best 22 teams on the bench but it wouldnā€™t surprise me the slightest if he is pushed out by someone else.

If you include one HB flanker, one HF flanker and the bench you probably have about 11 available midfield slots in the team.

Watson
Heppell
Zerrett
Zaka
Stanton
Goddard
Kelly
Colyer

Are the 8 definitely picked before Parish. Parish would slot into the next group of players competing for those last 3 spots.

Parish
Myers (IMO almost definitely ahead of him, some disagree)
Langford
Hocking
Howlett
Bird
Laverde
And probably someone else Iā€™ve missed.

So yeah my point is heā€™s not a lock. Will go a long way in becoming a regular by improving his kicking and overall outside game to complement his class ballwinning skills and hard running spread. Getting that facet to a good level will put him ahead of slower more one dimensional players Bird, Hocking, Howlett, etc.

Iā€™ll pick Parish ahead of Howlett,Bird,Kelly

Iā€™m just looking forward to not having to consider Watson absolutely crucial. Exptremely important, no doubt. Stanton too for that matter.

My order for Mids at present are:
  1. Watson
  2. Heppell
  3. Zerrett
  4. Zaka
  5. Hocking
  6. Myers
  7. Parish
  8. Goddard
  9. Stanton

IMHO by the end of 2017 Hepp and Zerrett will be 1/2 and Parish will be 4.

By the end of 2018 Parish will be number 1.

And I think Hepp is a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  massive superstar. Zerrett is a freak, but I see something incredibly special in the way Parish plays.

I think zerretts 2016 season in the middle was better than any season that heppell has had as a full-time midfielder and his only 21 years old. Just my opinion though i think zerrett is the next Sam Mitchell.

Also myers a better mid than goddard i donā€™t agree with, he hasnā€™t really proven much at all over his career and again i donā€™t think he has had one season in his career better than any of goddards.

You forgot Heppell finished 4th in the MVP.

Mitchell has never had that manic defensive ability that Zerrett has. Will be a better all around player IMO

Yep and I also think Zach has the advantage of being more dangerous around goal and kicking more of them.

More leg speed too.

Others have expressed doubt but Darcy was very very good in the intraclub today when he played in the midfield. He found copious space providing a safe outlet from defence , and at one point dropped into the hole inside 50 for a mark, But his decision making and disposal, were excellent with several quite long kicks to find targets. TBH, I cannot see him being left out of the 22 in round 1 based on what I saw today.

Others have expressed doubt but Darcy was very very good in the intraclub today when he played in the midfield. He found copious space providing a safe outlet from defence , and at one point dropped into the hole inside 50 for a mark, But his decision making and disposal, were excellent with several quite long kicks to find targets. TBH, I cannot see him being left out of the 22 in round 1 based on what I saw today.

TBH anyone suggesting he isnā€™t best 22 honestly has no idea about this game or building a team

Crisp & clear post ā€¦ :wink:

TBH anyone suggesting he isnā€™t best 22 honestly has no idea about this game or building a team

This.

This kid just has star ā€œ@ david nelson photographyā€ written all over him.

Blitz has gone mad over the last 36 hours, must be a full moon.

Has been a star since 10 years of age through all levels.

Just one of those kids born to play AFLfooty.

Not the quickest,tallest,fastest,toughest,best kick.

But just ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  above average at everything.

And that gives him a more than likely chance of going on to become an elite mid.

Heā€™s a 1ā€™s boy.

I just think it is absolutely clear thay parish, zerret, hepp and Langford will be the envy of the competition within 2 or 3 seasons. We need to find a young ruckmen to service them though. If McGrath blossoms into a super charged outside mid it will likely be the best midfield weā€™ve had in living memory

I just think it is absolutely clear thay parish, zerret, hepp and Langford will be the envy of the competition within 2 or 3 seasons. We need to find a young ruckmen to service them though. If McGrath blossoms into a super charged outside mid it will likely be the best midfield we've had in living memory

If Langford becomes the big bodied (Jobe) replacement, and kicks goals, watch out.

McGrath and Colyer on the outside.

Georgeous.

I just think it is absolutely clear thay parish, zerret, hepp and Langford will be the envy of the competition within 2 or 3 seasons. We need to find a young ruckmen to service them though. If McGrath blossoms into a super charged outside mid it will likely be the best midfield we've had in living memory

Iā€™m a little unsure about them getting serviced by a ruckman but the rest sounded great.

was our match winner last year for half a season. People forget how good this kid was last year. Games v GC, Melbourne, Norf, Collingwoodā€¦man he was something special.

Really wanna see how he goes this year. His potential is A grade IMO.

was our match winner last year for half a season. People forget how good this kid was last year. Games v GC, Melbourne, Norf, Collingwood.....man he was something special.

There is no limit to his potential.

was our match winner last year for half a season. People forget how good this kid was last year. Games v GC, Melbourne, Norf, Collingwood.....man he was something special.

No, he wasnā€™t. He did well and was a good contributor, but he wasnā€™t the matchwinner.

Perhaps BacchusFox isnā€™t too busy? Heā€™s good at that sort of thing, isnā€™t he?