#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

was our match winner last year for half a season. People forget how good this kid was last year. Games v GC, Melbourne, Norf, Collingwood.....man he was something special.

Really wanna see how he goes this year. His potential is A grade IMO.

No, he wasn’t. He did well and was a good contributor, but he wasn’t the matchwinner.

Disagree. Don’t know the stats for this and I’m going purely by memory, since he was benched a lot during games to make sure his rested properly for the season, feels to me everytime time he gets the ball and we make our mini momentum runs.
Happens a lot in the first half for me. Felt completely like Hepp in 2014, every time he gets the footy we make our runs (think of that West Coast, Bulldogs, Adelaide and Port games).

It’s big standout for me.

was our match winner last year for half a season. People forget how good this kid was last year. Games v GC, Melbourne, Norf, Collingwood.....man he was something special.

I agree with Lamaros.
He was very good but not a match winner, also I’m pretty sure most of us don’t suffer dementia so we haven’t forgotten last year.
I do agree with his potential tho

We haven’t had a match winner for a good while we don’t know what it is.

I just think it is absolutely clear thay parish, zerret, hepp and Langford will be the envy of the competition within 2 or 3 seasons. We need to find a young ruckmen to service them though. If McGrath blossoms into a super charged outside mid it will likely be the best midfield we've had in living memory

We may already have that young ruckman on our list.

Young Sam Draper hasn’t been spoke of much since the rookie draft, and we obviously haven’t seen him actually play any football over the pre-season. However he does have height, agility, and should have reasonable footskills due to a soccer background. That combined with what looks like reasonable hands, and I have very very high hopes for him.

But then, I had high hopes for Gach until I watched him mis-time his leap in every ruck contest. So who knows.

was our match winner last year for half a season.
No, he wasn't. He did well and was a good contributor, but he wasn't the matchwinner.
Yeah, I scrolled up to see if I was in the Zerrett thread. Not that, by definition, we had many matchwinners last year
We haven't had a match winner for a good while we don't know what it is.

Yeh we had match winners alright.
2015 round 18. Bulldogs vs Essendon . Crameri,. 7 goals defeated Essendon 5.
2015 Round 17 Ryder 4 goals Port Vs Essendon in the last quarter. Sealed it for Port.

2015 Round 17 Ryder 4 goals Port Vs Essendon in the last quarter. Sealed it for Port.

2 games in one year? we’ve had the occasional playing out of their skin, but not a week in week out match winner.

No, he wasn’t. He did well and was a good contributor, but he wasn’t the matchwinner.

Well we only won one match in the first half of the season and he kicked the winning goal so

2 games in one year? we’ve had the occasional playing out of their skin, but not a week in week out match winner.

Yeh, well we have to go back to 2011 to celebrate Kyle Reimers “pulling wings off flies”, against Gold Coast. Yeh Nah. I dont think we want to go there

Yeh, well we have to go back to 2011 to celebrate Kyle Reimers “pulling wings off flies”, against Gold Coast. Yeh Nah. I dont think we want to go there

Carlisle 2014 v Dogs…in fact I don’t think we want to go there either

Carlisle 2014 v Dogs…in fact I don’t think we want to go there either

And vs Carlton 2013 and West Coast (over in Perth) in the same year, among others.

He neither was a match winner nor played out of his skin that game

In all 31 Gold Coast flies left the ground walking, meanwhile Gold Coast Suns 8 goals total, Reimers 8 goals. He damn near won the game off his own boot. ( well sort of)

Yeh we had match winners alright. 2015 round 18. Bulldogs vs Essendon . Crameri,. 7 goals defeated Essendon 5. 2015 Round 17 Ryder 4 goals Port Vs Essendon in the last quarter. Sealed it for Port.
2 games in one year? we've had the occasional playing out of their skin, but not a week in week out match winner.
Yeh, well we have to go back to 2011 to celebrate Kyle Reimers "pulling wings off flies", against Gold Coast. Yeh Nah. I dont think we want to go there
In all 31 Gold Coast flies left the ground walking, meanwhile Gold Coast Suns 8 goals total, Reimers 8 goals. He damn near won the game off his own boot. ( well sort of)
Sort of… minus Reimers, we had their final score of 8.10.58 beaten five minutes before quarter time.

I was watching the Melbourne game yesterday and he had some incredibly impressive moments outside of the goal at the end.

In the second he delivers a few awesome passes into 50. One in particular from about 60 out under real pressure and manages to clear 3 Melbourne players to the back where Joe clunks it right near the teeth of goal.

I wonder if this kid can have a second season like Zerrett did.

I wonder if this kid can have a second season like Zerrett did.

Do you mean Zerrett’s 3rd season? That’s where he really stepped it up

Yeah, but he still improved in his second year off a very promising first year. But he’ll, if Parish wants to really ramp up the quality this year then by all means.

I was watching the Melbourne game yesterday and he had some incredibly impressive moments outside of the goal at the end.

In the second he delivers a few awesome passes into 50. One in particular from about 60 out under real pressure and manages to clear 3 Melbourne players to the back where Joe clunks it right near the teeth of goal.

And then he did this after Joe nailed the goal.

text